Status
Not open for further replies.

luka

Right, but if it's inevitable then why does it need covid-19? You see what I'm getting at here?

What I mean is that your response, and your cousin's and yyaldrin's, are accelerating the very changes you think you're fighting, as far as I can see.

what is my response? ive said several times my take is fairly conventional. i think there really is a virus that harms/kills people.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Dribbling midwittery. The upswing of right wing populism is resistance and a last gasp at preservation of localism, good and bad. We've been through the looking glass since 2016, Trump winning made the other side go for broke by sewing racial division. WW3 is in full swing now. Prediction: if Biden wins, China moves to takes Taiwan by the end of 2021.
Hahaha, "localism"? We'll be an irrelevant appendage of the USA *at best* within a few years, you bloody pudding.

Right, but if it's inevitable then why does it need covid-19? You see what I'm getting at here?

What I mean is that your response, and your cousin's and yyaldrin's, are accelerating the very changes you think you're fighting, as far as I can see.

China hyped the horror of COVID-19 in Q1, played the WHO, western media and governments beautifully to maximize its impact in the west. Screaming Wuhan in the early pages of this thread, people on gurneys thrashing about, dropping dead in the street, being welded into their homes.

West panicked, shit it, destroyed their economies and societal fabric. Now state controlled economy on the Chinese model is the only viable way to feed people.

Hahaha, "localism"? We'll be an irrelevant appendage of the USA *at best* within a few years, you bloody pudding.

A very poor riposte. I mean localism like having an independent café to go to, maybe a war memorial and a kids playground, perhaps a bookshop and a pub. And buildings made of local materials, not glass and aluminium cladding.

luka

China hyped the horror of COVID-19 in Q1, played the WHO, western media and governments beautifully to maximize its impact in the west. Screaming Wuhan in the early pages of this thread, people on gurneys thrashing about, dropping dead in the street, being welded into their homes.

West panicked, shit it, destroyed their economies and societal fabric. Now state controlled economy on the Chinese model is the only viable way to feed people.

if that's true that's so clever they deserve to be world hegemon. looking forward to chinese dominance

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
what is my response? ive said several times my take is fairly conventional. i think there really is a virus that harms/kills people.
Right, but only a small minority of absolute loons are still actually claiming it's literally a hoax. What I'm calling for is a scepticism towards simplistic conspiracy theories involving shadowy global cabals when those theories are clearly benefiting, and may well have originated from, groups that are themselves not un-shadowy.

Or to put it another way, the very people who consider themselves the most woke/based are the ones who are being played the hardest. This is extremely obvious in the way you instinctively dismiss any discussion of Russian involvement in American or British politics, for example.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
A very poor riposte. I mean localism like having an independent café to go to, maybe a war memorial and a kids playground, perhaps a bookshop and a pub. And buildings made of local materials, not glass and aluminium cladding.
What are you gibbering on about now? Warm beer and cricket on the village green? You think your cosy alt-right future is going to look like fucking Hobbiton or something? Go to bed, grandpa.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
@HMGovt If you think Brexit is about preserving half-timbered pubs, independent bookshops and war memorials (where cloth-capped proles can pay their respects to Saint Winston), then I'm not even going to argue with you, I just feel profoundly sorry for you.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
The WHO now says lockdowns are bad...sheeple to update opinions accordingly!
Maybe take that argument to someone who is in favour of lockdowns per se?

And I can only hope, for your sake, you're using "sheeple" with the heaviest possible coating of irony.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
if that's true that's so clever they deserve to be world hegemon. looking forward to chinese dominance
I don't think it's really worth engaging with someone who thinks China *exaggerated* the extent of the virus.

This is the country that sanctioned the doctor who raised the alarm for "spreading panic":

Last edited:
They know how to treat it better now, the deaths should stay relatively low until we reach a breaking point in hospital admissions. That's when it will go to shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.