Status
Not open for further replies.

IdleRich

IdleRich
@sufi locks this
one of the things I'll miss once @sufi locks this thread in eight more pages: when mixed is convincingly called out on one of his charts or studies, and he then drops it like a hot potato to immediately pivot to yet another different, highly complex chart/study that's confusing to anyone who isn't a clinical researcher, starting the entire cycle anew.

He just brought up a study, saw it broken down quite forensically by Slothrop, with his own misinterpretation ripped apart... and then dismissed it as a gliberal meme and said we need to only consider proper studies.

But anyway, right now I'm interested in thread-locking etc I believe that I am a moderator and thus I should have some awesome powers, no doubt including the locking and unlocking of threads, and quite possibly the banning of MixedBi... er of people, I mean, too.

BUT, I have not been trained to use my powers, so at the moment they lie dormant. Basically I'm like the chosen one in one of those films that has a chosen one in it, the school bully will go to punch me and instinctively I teleport him to the school pond or change him into a slug... or possibly just throw him across the room with superhuman strength, but without knowing how I did it. My powers of course being strong though raw.

Of course this will alert other superbeings to my presence, I need to find a old wise guru type to help me channel my raw abilities before one of the dark moderators (there is almost certainly a war between good and evil taking place right now, of which I am totally oblivious even though the ancient prophecy says that I must lead the forces of good if they are to prevent the eternal reign of evil) finds me and kills me while I am all but defenceless.

Or TLDR - Sufi, am I actually a mod and do I need to be?

Last edited:

IdleRich

IdleRich
Weasel words, wholly symptomatic of the current pharmacopalypse
Eh? They retracted the article cos of concerns over the methodology, what more do you want,the editor to actually call the author a lying bastard? This is a professional academic you're flailing at...

You must see it's pretty fucking funny that 30 seconds ago you shared an article from that magazine cos it was the mark of a real piece of research, the second you realised they hold the opposite opinion you shamelessly switched your opinion of them 180 degrees... couldn't you at least pretend that your criteria for the validity of something was something other than the extent to which it agrees with you?

Anyway, I had my second jab yesterday so it's very reassuring to see that the arguments suggesting there is some risk from that are so weak that they literally made me laugh outloud.

mixed_biscuits

Eh? They retracted the article cos of concerns over the methodology, what more do you want,the editor to actually call the author a lying bastard? This is a professional academic you're flailing at...

You must see it's pretty fucking funny that 30 seconds ago you shared an article from that magazine cos it was the mark of a real piece of research, the second you realised they hold the opposite opinion you shamelessly switched your opinion of them 180 degrees... couldn't you at least pretend that your criteria for the validity of something was something other than the extent to which it agrees with you?

Anyway, I had my second jab yesterday so it's very reassuring to see that the arguments suggesting there is some risk from that are so weak that they literally made me laugh outloud.
You need to reread the purported reasons for retraction and also investigate journals' disinclination to publish anything that diverges from the [local jurisdiction]'s policy.

Shouldn't you be on your third, booster now? Anti-vaxx!!

mixed_biscuits

mixed_biscuits

Status
Not open for further replies.