Corpsey

bandz ahoy
it was big in uk drill. it's become a signifier of apathy and mourning recently. all the attack taken out of it. very viscous. its seeps across instrumentals.

This is the opposite of that. Fiendish toddler piano. Damien's first steps.

subvert47

I don't fight, I run away
weird people hating on pianos :poop:

here's something I was listening to again just this morning...

Last edited:

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
the thing is i am incontrovertible proof of incel philosophy being untrue. girls like me cos i have standards but none of them date me cos it's easier to date someone who has eyesight. so attractiveness is a myth. otherwise I'd be the hugh hefner of north london no problem.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
not going to win third over with this one, but this is dissensus canon. the star above bethlehem we all flock to, whether shepherd or magi.

starting out on my cosmic jazz quest beginning of the 2ks a mate introduced me to electric miles which blew my head off, first as a drummer and 2nd because it made sense of so much beat based music i'd been listening to up until then. yesternow was the track. can still remember sitting in his office in covent garden listening to all 18mins of it waiting for it to kick in, but loving how it just wouldn't. staying on that groove. that live loop. instant convert. within weeks, all over the place, alice coltrane, archie shepp, yusef lateef, roland kirk and of course pharoah. alice got me good because of the hindustani trip i was on at the time but when i heard greeting to saud everything changed. no other piece of music says what it says so sweetly, so concisely, so rightly. it's sublime. saw him at the jazz cafe and even at his advanced age he still possessed that same unfiltered spirit. bought a ticket for the next night and went again. still a fave gig ever.

anyway, where were we? oh yeah, pianos

Last edited:

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
my ivory tickling hero is always gonna be herbie

he takes all shades from bop to modern thru funk and fusion, and gracefully glides in and around them like a seasoned figure skater. i think it's his funky sense of rhythm blended with the complexity that really does it for me. i can understand how he might not be edgy enough for some who like to be pushed out that bit further, but a bit like george duke, part of the art is the ability to make the complex have mass appeal. not that he can't go out when he wants to.