The Dissensus Album Canon

sadmanbarty

a great middle class moment was when joylon maugham was going to start a new political party and run as an mp. the party was going to be launched with a 27 day festival at which each day would celebrate the food and culture of a different european nations.

it's really endemic of the middle class qualities of 1) trying to inject art into everything, often at the expense of the thing you're trying to do and 2) being really shit at art.

mvuent

Void Dweller
np: computer world

we should do an album listening thread where we all agree on a time and listen to an album a week and give running commentaries. an hour a week. we have time.

yeah this should happen. some of the time it could be stuff everyone already likes like computer world and other times it could be something one person likes that everyone else hates.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
how about we take turns to choose an album each?

we get a roster of people who will be able to participate regularly, and then each time someone picks an album and everyone has to listen to it from start to end together in sync. and you can pick whichever album you damn well please.

maybe in a live chat room?

drinking non optional.

catalog

yeah this should happen. some of the time it could be stuff everyone already likes like computer world and other times it could be something one person likes that everyone else hates.

Asian dub foundation facts and fictions

catalog

Yeah their first album, on nation records, really good. I think fortress Europe is from one of the last albums

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
kraftwerk is kinda overrated tbh, too rooted in teutonic technological stereotypes and classical music.

this is better

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
they wrote some fuckin bangers, even third can't deny numbers, surely?

View attachment 2523

damn, straight in there with my favourite off that album, i was going to spend 3-4 pages pretending i never liked Kraftwerk. nah of course they are seminal, no doubt about that, but their inhuman stuff is the best. I love Kraftwerk! i just think most people like the wrong tunes.