Worst songs you've ever heard?

blissblogger

so far i like almost everything that's been posted, including Hobo Johnson.

some of them are among my favorite tunes of all time.

blissblogger

even Huff Mango is not the worst song of all time

it's just very ordinary

but you know there are young people, I've met them in the flesh, for whom that song is a defining generational anthem. the greatest peak-hour dancefloor banger of their time.

blissblogger

I’ve always been mystified by the chilli pepper disdain amongst the hipsteratti. What’s the problem with it?

it's not disdain, it's full-body revulsion

it's RHCP in "ballad" mode, the other stuff is bearable

the singing on "Under the Bridge" for starters, especially the "soulful" wordless bit in the middle

Last edited:

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
even Huff Mango is not the worst song of all time

it's just very ordinary

but you know there are young people, I've met them in the flesh, for whom that song is a defining generational anthem. the greatest peak-hour dancefloor banger of their time.

of course there are. it's like mainlining MSG for those who don't know any better

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
has coldplay - clocks been mentioned already? i walk away from whatever place i am when i hear that song. it's the sentimental aspect that i can't handle. other songs i think that are terrible are pop rock songs where they do that exaggerated low voice such as in live - can you hear the dolphins cry.

catalog

I think the problem with under the bridge is it just got a bit overplayed. No one wanted or expected it to be so big for so long. Like that bryan Adams song as well

luka

Red Hot Chilli Peppers are definitely something that disgusts me, like he says, total bodily revulsion horror.