Worst songs you've ever heard?

RWY

I remember when this was popular tweeting something along the lines of "Beezledub is the soundtrack of a shit night out" and getting a reply from Paleman (who didn't follow me) slagging off my mum

sadmanbarty

I remember when this was popular tweeting something along the lines of "Beezledub is the soundtrack of a shit night out" and getting a reply from Paleman (who didn't follow me) slagging off my mum

that's the best (worst) pick so far. at least the other songs are trying to do something. there's some intent whether they succeed or not.

what is the fucking point in that song? it has no function, no mood, no emotion, it's not even esoteric and pushing some sort of boundary. just completely and utterly nothing. impressively nothing.

it's the musical equivalent of those people who don't dance in the background of boiler room sets.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
that's the best (worst) pick so far. at least the other songs are trying to do something. there's some intent whether they succeed or not.

what is the fucking point in that song? it has no function, no mood, no emotion, it's not even esoteric and pushing some sort of boundary. just completely and utterly nothing. impressively nothing.

it's the musical equivalent of those people who don't dance in the background of boiler room sets.

logical culmination of club music though, just filler to pad out the time.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
those complaining about under the bridge (rhcp are unholy, but this is probably their best song) have forgotten about the rest of the early 90s American nightmare invasion that came in the wake of Nirvana. what a time to be alive when this could be played openly without shame

luka

He's not always wrong

Well it's a truism isn't it?. What's interesting are the exceptions. what allowed '90s London for example to throw up so many DJ Hypes and Dem 2s? What was it about the culture that exploded those essentialist assumptions and stereotypes?

craner

Beast of Burden
Extreme were pre-Nirvana, no?

You must mean Stone Temple Pilots, Spin Doctors, that stuff.

This is a contender:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Extreme were pre-Nirvana, no?

You must mean Stone Temple Pilots, Spin Doctors, that stuff.

oh yeah, they were - I thought it was 1992 but no. Too traumatised to understand time.

It's all about the horrible vocals more than anything, satan speaking through spin magazine bands

fuck i just remembered about dave matthews band. the worst of it was repelled from the uk by an invisible forcefield

Last edited:

luka

oh yeah, they were - I thought it was 1992 but no. Too traumatised to understand time.

It's all about the horrible vocals more than anything, satan speaking through spin magazine bands

It's their faces too though isn't it? Faces that are silently saying "hey bet you don't get no pussy look at me I get a lot of pussy. Pussy, man"

entertainment

joni mitchell and j dilla?!

dissensus spending half the time lamenting the cynical wastelands and the other half railing against all that is sweet and tender

was having a great morning too

mrfaucet

The Ideas Train
Awhile back thirdform posted a jazz-influenced dnb tune by, I think, Peshay that is far worse than you could imagine even based on that description. Couldn't find it, but in my search I did come across this which is also fairly heinous. I mean, just look at the title.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
joni mitchell and j dilla?!

dissensus spending half the time lamenting the cynical wastelands and the other half railing against all that is sweet and tender

was having a great morning too

Don't worry entertainment, I'm a fully paid up Joni Stanboy. Quite a few of us are actually. You can't believe a word sadmanbarty says.

As for Dilla, I am a fan personally and I think that the anti-dilla stuff on here is mainly a corrective for his post-mortem canonisation. (He made the least good Tribe/Pharcyde/Common albums, etc.)