Leo

Murk is too good. I used to hold back from playing their single too much because I didn't want to risk getting sick of them.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Did that murk mix today while out n about. Top stuff. Quite a bit of it new to me. Was trying to figure out what their recipe is, but even with it in my ears it wasn't easy. There's the thickness of the production, the organ basses, the tribal percussion, the specific vox style, but it's more than the sum of the parts. Proper head trance biz

Leo

it's got an underground feel to it, even though it was pretty commercially successful. Funky Green Dogs was fairly popular at one point.

It's also such a great sound that you'd figure others would copy it, but no one really has (or has been able to).

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
They emerged in the sort of 2nd wave of US house and, while I tend to catalogue/lump them alongside fellow east coast greats, they were unique as a production unit. No-one ever had their sound. It was molten weight. Harmonically rapturous with/without drugs with really juicy chord changes ripping out. Masters of the vocal hook. Attentively subtle but the power of their tracks at volume in a dark basement with a red light or out in the Pennines under a crescent moon? Tremendous

Leo

this is actually a pretty solid comp series, the Frankie Knuckles is a good selection and sounds awesome. Also have the Heller & Farley, Louie Vega, Blaze, MAW2, Todd Terry.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket

Heard on an old Boris Dlugosch front Hamburg tape. Will upload (if its not up already) when I'm back in England, so you'll have to wait till end of year.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
this is actually a pretty solid comp series, the Frankie Knuckles is a good selection and sounds awesome. Also have the Heller & Farley, Louie Vega, Blaze, MAW2, Todd Terry.

I like the Paul Trouble Anderson one.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
noone could merge acid with deep house like Pierre in his wildpitch days. best subgenre ever. Read somewhere JD Twitch used to warm up with these kinds of tunes, and I wholly concur. They just build and build and build to mount olympous.