thirdform

pass the sick bucket
more of a european sound here, played on Michael Mayers immer mix, but actually not released on kompakt, so probably avoided the tag of shoegazing techno or whatever, although very much the sound those guys were repping around 02-04 before they totally lost the plot. Weirdly sounds proto-amapiano today, but I can't tell you exactly how because the map of amapiano hasn't been revealed to me. It's like I have no opinion on it either way because I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be listening for, apart from the log drum. tune structure, unusual timbres, vocal impact and economy of songcraft? but anyway...

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
more of a european sound here, played on Michael Mayers immer mix, but actually not released on kompakt, so probably avoided the tag of shoegazing techno or whatever, although very much the sound those guys were repping around 02-04 before they totally lost the plot. Weirdly sounds proto-amapiano today, but I can't tell you exactly how because the map of amapiano hasn't been revealed to me. It's like I have no opinion on it either way because I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be listening for, apart from the log drum. tune structure, unusual timbres, vocal impact and economy of songcraft? but anyway...

could see weatherall starting a set with this

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
May have posted before but this one shares a similar infectiousness to the one above

Like it's almost daft but wings it with style

Jerome Sydenham on the controls

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty

Peter Rauhofer with another Tribal classic. I've posted the great Danny Krivit edit of this MFSB track before, this one is nice too.

Really need to properly dig the full tribal discog plus all the offshoots one day. So vast tho