Corpsey

bandz ahoy
The fact they're right about everything can make them condescending know it all cunts too. After an ayahuasca ceremony in english countryside a few years back everyone was sitting outside in the sun by a river on blankets eating fruit and playing shit music. It was lovely. I was kind of loitering a bit. Im wearing all dark clothes, big coat, trainers. This older woman in a flowy dress came over and sat beside me and said take off your shoes and socks and feel the grass beneath your feet. I didn't like that. Get tae fuck out of my sight. i'll do your drugs but we're different. I'll hold on to my little inhibitions and cultural hangups thankyou

These two bits in particular made me swoon

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Are most hippies posh?

Most of the ones I've known have been quietly public school.

I don't have the data but I suspect a correlation.

luka

Solidly Middle class at least. Impossible for me to imagine a working class hippy. Maybe in a rural context, maybe, but I doubt it.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Is it because you have to have been fully "in" the establishment to drop out of it?

Something, too, about the serenity of it - the smugness. You have that really soaked into you at posh schools, or from successful business parents.

Fascinating.

It's a nebulous group. I'm on about the trippy festival types but we could include everyone from squat rave mad bastards to russell brand and gwyneth paltrow here

luka

You can't float above worldly concerns in the same way when there is no safety net

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
think memories of my own hounding not that long ago, especially luka fanning the flames and licking his lips. have been stirred up here. just interesting to see what happens when the shoes on the other foot.

i'll shut up

luka

think memories of my own hounding not that long ago, especially luka fanning the flames and licking his lips. have been stirred up here. just interesting to see what happens when the shoes on the other foot.

anyway

I have no idea what you are talking about but it's frightening me

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
in the rothschilds discussion we had in the conspiracy thread. i riled up the forum. i was trying to ask questions i was curious about. when it all blew up, you were there adding fuel to the fire. which led us to fighting and then you disappearing for a bit