thirdform

pass the sick bucket
So then Intelligent/Liquid, Techstep and Jump Up collectively are responsible. Because its all rote trash.

Maybe, although Reynolds spends so much of Energy Flash railing against detroit techno purists I'd love to see both of you go full hammer and tongs at it. I think that would be his biggest nightmare, for an American to justify jungle purism.

@blissblogger when shall we set up the match?

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
be warned though, you're not allowed any jungle after 31 December 1994.

not even those which were on dub in 94 and got released in 95.

dilbert1

Are we talking intra-jungle purism in terms of heretic subgenres, or jungle as a whole as the purest dance genre?

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Are we talking intra-jungle purism in terms of heretic subgenres, or jungle as a whole as the purest dance genre?

I don't think the latter is possible. What happens is eventually a facet of dnb evolves to a level where it completely divorces itself from jungle. It's unfair to see the late 90s techstep and jump up as completely separate from jungle, just like noone would say acid techno isn't still techno, or dub techno, even if they are distinct in some ways.

That strand of dnb becomes a whole scene unto itself with the rise of hospital and producers such as Netsky, Brooks Brothers etc.

on doa I call this libdem 'n' bass.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I don't think the latter is possible. What happens is eventually a facet of dnb evolves to a level where it completely divorces itself from jungle. It's unfair to see the late 90s techstep and jump up as completely separate from jungle, just like noone would say acid techno isn't still techno, or dub techno, even if they are distinct in some ways.

That strand of dnb becomes a whole scene unto itself with the rise of hospital and producers such as Netsky, Brooks Brothers etc.

on doa I call this libdem 'n' bass.

Because I'm not a rockist in any shape or form I can rationally hate this.

But what's the problem for the rockists? Sweet melody, gated rave stab vocals, panoramic production, jouissance etc. It doesn't need to prove anything to you.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
this ones corbyn n bass i reckon
Taken out of the grave and then impacted with the final punch of death by jump up starver.

dilbert1

Hope he really socks it to Holly Herndon in this. My dream is for Trump to blast her and Mat Dryhurst off into outer space, for good. Maybe that way they could both find their home planet, and spare humanity their extraterrestrial levels of cringe.

dilbert1

Not that I don’t understand why she’s included, but it is a little disconcerting seeing a glorified theremin virtuoso listed amongst so many genuine talents

IMG_6625.jpeg

blissblogger

Nice quote on the inside. The same guy from wes anderson films?
View attachment 18528

It is - and of course I was really buzzed to see that (I think it was in Esquire or GQ, one of those "what are you reading / watching / listening" type listicle type things)

Then, recently, I thought, "hmmm, why is it a warm bath?".

Like, personally if I was to have a bath, I'd be wanting a hot bath. Piping hot. The kind where it takes 5 minutes to gingerly lower yourself into it.