xtra urban

luka

this is a sequel to rinse fm pop. me and barty were trying to find the uk 'urban pop' records with the most views. some of the things were familair
eg stormzy's shut up has 100 million views. other stuff was way more popular than i ever realised, eg wstrn have videos with tens of millions of views. other stuff i had not even heard of. (eo, swarmz, b young, ziezie it's a whole genre of very light, poppy, rap influenced by grime, afrobeats, drake, mumble rap. i hate it. i cant pretend to like it. i think its awful. but capital and one xtra have given it a nationwide platform and its clearly massively successful. its a new market and a new product.

luka

wiley nopt being allowed to release that album really hurt me. i relate to that man a lot. nothing ever goes right for us. its cos we are year of the sheep. bred for slaughter. that album would have been the most popular album ever made. bigger than the beatles.

luka

they were amazing. he had the sound spot on. and all the features. i just dont get how that record could get banned. how did he manage that?

version

He released two of the tunes off that album though and they didn't really do much. I'm looking at them now and neither of them have passed 5m.

luka

all those instagram snippets. i was excited for him. he would of sold more than BTS