an apple on the moon

version

Yeah, probably. He knows we'd all outclass him if he ever came back for real. He's fallen behind. Can't cut the mustard.

luka

that's what happens when you drop out the competition for a while. things move on. the game develops.

luka

there;s no drug testing in arm wrestling and he really pushed all human limits to reach the top. then his liver exploded.

version

Andre the Giant holding a beer.

luka

Sorry about this digression mvuents. I started really well but no one would back me up.

sufi

lala
Back the f**k on track with the thread

Sci-fi influence must be a different thing, that's taking cues from terrestrial interpretations of alienness - though it would be interesting to hear what sorts of noises soundtracks use to represent aliens, human portrayals. I bet a few have been sampled, junglism certainly identified with that sort of flow (predator after all is an alien)

What needs investigating is unearthly sounds, otherworldly sounds, they are like a direction that might link with disenchantment and frustration with music, alienation as an outsider thing, but as always it's gonna be quickly subsumed into the mainstream, new sounds often gonna be alien sounding innit

if only @droid was here to help us with non-linear sonic issues :love:

luka

We've had some really good discussions about sci-fi aesthetics with Barty and Third And Version but I agree it's a separate though inevitably a related discussion.

luka

Droid has already said that he won't come back until Barty does because he believes their karma is entangled.

this is related to the uncanny, where the weird thing out of place or out of time is made all the more alien by contrast, because it’s couched in the familiar.

in music why much of the zones of fruitless eclecticism or intensification don’t hit emotionally because they don’t couch the odd within the homely. We don’t feel the thrill of the pull away from rooted and worldly