Are you an atheist?

constant escape

winter withered, warm
You can think of it as mere occupation, which is much more negative, or you can read it as partaking in some cosmic process that very likely could have an end, or a series of ends.

luka

I mean the higher you climb the more precarious your perch and the more gruesome the consequences of falling

constant escape

winter withered, warm
Do you mean that the more you invest into a particular life-direction, the more precarious any deviance from that direction becomes?

sufi

lala
existence must be made a wee bit easier when you have the answers in a book and when you don’t it’s just god moves in mysterious ways! In fact I’m pretty sure you’ve said similar I’m getting a weird deja vu writing this out

yes
there's no actual instruction manual though - all the books require plenty of interpretation

but there are answers, and also direction. subscribing to organised or personal belief can help with achieving moral/good conduct, in groups and individuals, regardless of doctrine or ritual,

constant escape

winter withered, warm
But has it been channeled into a movement, or does it just hang there for anyone willing/capable of pushing their way through to reach it?

there's no actual instruction manual though - all the books require plenty of interpretation

but there are answers, and also direction. subscribing to organised or personal belief can help with achieving moral/good conduct, in groups and individuals, regardless of doctrine or ritual,

of course. I’m being pretty simple about it. Part of it is about a community of believers like someone just said. Having others around to believe with, act in accordance with, the ritual and communal acts are beneficial, maybe moreso than any of the content

luka

of course. I’m being pretty simple about it. Part of it is about a community of believers like someone just said. Having others around to believe with, act in accordance with, the ritual and communal acts are beneficial, maybe moreso than any of the content

That's what you said about dubstep!

suppose that thinking could be applied to most scenes pre dematerialisation. Dubstep did explicitly push religious imagery, meditate on bass weight, there was the stoner church side and there was the granny puncher side. Those were the only options, they weren’t ... but history has erased the nuance

luka

That does sound quite rough. I'm very keen on the idea of the secular rites of passage teeangers have. Drugs is definitely one of them and fits in with that ancient shamanistic stuff of communing with the divine/the universe as a gateway to adulthood.

It's another of these secularised rituals