Are you an atheist?

version

machine-elf-2.jpg

I mean where else are the dancing elephants going to come from.

But also it's educational innit. In a very direct sense. Other trips, they can be educational but you need to work at it. Sort through the wreckage and salvage what you can. With dmt there's this *thing* and it's directly trying to teach you stuff. What's that about? Why does it care and what does it know?

In the experience the infinite O n e n e s s is an obvious and beautiful and undeniable fact that you walk about in your stupid little miserable life ignoring. its very funny to look at your day to day worries from that hypercompassionate perspective, self concern transcended

luka

i dont know the answer to that. even explictly psychedelic music is almost all terrible

luka

the jester arises across cultures with a thread of accompanying visual characteristics

Why is psychedelic art so terrible? I mean obviously hippies are to blame, but it goes deeper than that.

Is it partly because much of it involves no-budget, low tech failed attempts to represent the impossible shifting geometry of psychedelic vision, and it's spurned out into a sometimes quite non-judgmental environment (not enough constructive feedback, the discipline that would be enforced by hierarchy or cash incentive)

psychedelic art is when acceptance goes too far, not enough cringe, not enough recoiling, not enough bullying, not enough negative feedback.

And digital psychedelic art (the type that tries to replicate visions anyway) can be doomed to disappoint. Even google deep dream, kind of disappointing in a way...

It’s arguably best when it’s restricted to one dimension or handmade materials, like those shipibo blankets or those ceilings in iranian mosques.

Simon silverdollarcircle

There's also something about psychedelics that encourage, in a certain kind of personality, a kind of blokey literalness and obsession with boring detail. Those erowid reports are like middle aged men talking about what A roads they took.

I think some of that mentality is to blame for that hyper detailed gross psychedelic art . That idea that if only we bore on and on about the micro details we'll have comprehended the macro.

luka

art informed by a psychedelic perspective is probably better than art which tries to represent the psychdelic experience.