Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Thanks for submitting the review of my 'personality'. Consumer Feedback is always appreciated
I mean it's just sort of funny when you call craner a "psycho" for supporting the Iraq invasion and then come out with stuff like this.

luka

Craner was in deadly earnest whereas I am expressing a frustration we all feel in a colourful and fun way.

luka

ive said time and time again everyone on here is a liberal except, arguably, thirdform who has invented his own form of apocalyptic communism, and Vimothy, who is on the extreme right.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
You really do take everything at face value. You think the democrats have ever done anything for Black people?! They've already quietly dumped BLM because abortion and the supreme court is the new hot issue. And trump brokering Israeli links across the gulf is somehow anti-Semitic?
And you have, as usual, missed the point entirely, which is obvious not that either Biden or the main bulk of the Democratic party are going to end racism or poverty or anything like that. The point is that they're not the party currently going out its way to make both of those issues, and various others, much worse as quickly, or actively dismantling the mechanics of democracy to prevent another party from ever controlling Congress or the SC or having its own president again.

And if you think Trump's chumminess with Netanyahu or his stance on Israel generally makes him a friend to the Jews then I just don't know what to say. This is the man who called literal Nazis "very fine people". One of his supporters shot up a synagogue. Trump is a "philosemite" because he subscribes to all the usual stereotypes about Jews - they're "good with money" (are mean and grasping), are "clannish" and "look after their own" (are ethnocentric, if not simply racist) - because he sees these as positive traits that non-Jewish whites should adopt too.

Anti-semitism combined with Zionism is the standard position for millions of people on the hard right in the USA - Evangelicals especially.

craner

Beast of Burden
ive said time and time again everyone on here is a liberal except, arguably, thirdform who has invented his own form of apocalyptic communism, and Vimothy, who is on the extreme right.

I know, I agree with you!

luka

It's incredibly difficult to think your way out of liberalism and attempts to do so tend to end in absurdities, like Mark's half hearted and clearly disengenous paeans to North Korea. But the very absurdity of that position represents the violence needed to tear away from liberalism.

luka

You can formulate a religious vision, which depends on a miracle to establish it, which is what third has done, and what I do from time to time

craner

Beast of Burden
Norman Podhortez on Trump and the Jews:

NP: Well, of course that’s very dated now. Nobody can afford to live in Brooklyn anymore. Escaping from Brooklyn was the great thing in my young life, but I have grandchildren who would like nothing better than to have an apartment there.

Trump’s move from Queens to Manhattan was, as I understand the real estate business, a quite daring move. Maybe that was the longest journey in the world because the Manhattan real estate world is a world unto its own. The competition is very fierce, you’re dealing with many, many clever people. I think it was Tom Klingenstein who said he always thought Trump was Jewish because he fit in so well with the real-estatenicks in Manhattan, most of whom were, and are, Jewish.

CRB: What does that comparison mean?

NP: I take it as an affectionate remark. He had the qualities that all those guys had in common, and you might have thought, other things being equal, that he was one of them. And in a certain sense he was, but not entirely. I know a few of those guys and they’re actually very impressive. You have to get permits, and you have to deal with the mob, and you have to know how to handle workers who are very recalcitrant, many of whom are thuggish. You’re in a battlefield there, so you have to know how to operate politically as well as in a managerial capacity, and how to sweet talk and also how to curse. It’s not an easy field to master.

CRB: Some people say that Trump has a blue collar sensibility. Do you see that?

NP: I do see it and even before Trump—long before Trump—actually going back to when I was in the army in the 1950s, I got to know blue-collar Americans. I’m “blue collar” myself, I suppose. I’m from the working class—my father was a milk man. But in the army I got to know people from all over the country and I fell in love with Americans—they were just great! These guys were unlike anybody I had ever met in New York or in England or France. They were mostly blue-collar kids and I think Trump has, in that sense, the common touch. That’s one of the things—it may be the main thing—that explains his political success. It doesn’t explain his success in general, but his political success, yes. Also—I often explain this to people—when I was a kid, you would rather be beaten up than back away from a fight. The worst thing in the world you could be called was a sissy. And I was beaten up many times. Trump fights back. The people who say: “Oh, he shouldn’t lower himself,” “He should ignore this,” and “Why is he demeaning himself by arguing with some dopey reporter?” I think on the contrary—if you hit him, he hits back; and he is an equal opportunity counter puncher. It doesn’t matter who you are. And actually Obama, oddly enough, made the same statement: “He pulls a knife, you pull a gun.”

CRB: “The Chicago way.” Your own attitude towards Trump as a political figure has changed over time. How would you describe that evolution?

NP: Well, when he first appeared on the scene, I disliked him because he resembled one of the figures that I dislike most in American politics and with whom I had tangled, namely Pat Buchanan—I had tangled with him in print and I had accused him of anti-Semitism. And he came back at me, and I came back at him. And it was a real street fight. And I said to my wife: “This guy [Trump] is Buchanan without the anti-Semitism,” because he was a protectionist, a nativist, and an isolationist. And those were the three pillars of Pat Buchanan’s political philosophy. How did I know he wasn’t an anti-Semite? I don’t know—I just knew. And he certainly wasn’t and isn’t, and I don’t think he’s a racist or any of those things.

luka

most of my dad's long time clients were of that ilk, albeit a lot less successful. Completely amoral within the field of the game. You play to win. He really liked them. I mean, they probably were nice to their mums. But the game was for winning. Mostly Jews, a lot operating out of Hatton Gardens. Gold and stuff. Property and development deals. As soon as he died one of his oldest and closest clients and friends, Jerry, immediately started making noises about suing us. Incredible. I thought we should kill him. But my dad would have probably chuckled.

I have a real squeamishness about this kind of behaviour. I can't enjoy it in the way Craner does and my dad did. My sensibilities are too delicate.

Last edited:

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
you've had them supporting and funding the destruction of Black neighborhoods
given the actual long history of black neighborhoods in America being destroyed - in order to build highways, luxury housing, etc

bullshit statements like this are especially egregious

please, point to where Democrats are funding the destruction of "Black neighborhoods in 100 cities"

padraig (u.s.)

and I guess I have to list the obvious since no one else is doing it

Trump dog whistles constantly on immigration, foreign policy, law enforcement, etc

he's engaged in apologetics for literal white supremacists in between tepid disavowals

one of his most senior advisers - Stephen Miller - has strong, direct ties to white nationalism

his AG mandated federal prosecutors pursue maximum punishment for low-level drug crimes, which disproportionately effects Black Americans

he also gutted federal oversight of police civil rights abuses, a policy that has obviously turned out well

the modern Democratic Party's relationship with Black people is far from perfect, but come on

padraig (u.s.)

and

And which president built the first wall along the border with Mexico?
that would be George H.W. Bush

the first President to legislate extensive border fencing - 10x what previously existed - was his son GW

both Republicans

which isn't to totally excuse the Obama admin, which finished building the wall GW had legislated and begun building

but certainly not "actually, Democrats started building the wall first" slam dunk you probably thought it was

maybe look things up before you speak from ignorance. it's not like any of this information is hard to find.

luka

its gangsterism essentially.
given the actual long history of black neighborhoods in America being destroyed - in order to build highways, luxury housing, etc

bullshit statements like this are especially egregious

please, point to where Democrats are funding the destruction of "Black neighborhoods in 100 cities"

He's referring to BLM protests. It's a right wing talking point.

luka

BLM is a Soros funded campaign to sow division and, ultimately, to execute a 'color revolution' in America.