constant escape

winter withered, warm
$100 a month for a nutritious diet is possible, but very strategically and with cutbacks on enjoyability. I'm talking grains, eggs, maybe a couple other things. Tight. Maybe more, if you have proper options. Overall I'd say that is an underestimation. Per person ~$45 a week is more likely, but then again I've never been a frequenter of fast food joints so perhaps that changes things. I'd imagine one can opt for cheaper, healthier approaches than fast food, especially now that we have all of these food delivery services that, I would imagine, cater to most urban locations.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
My last semester in Chicago I was spending around $35 a week on food, on average. Sometimes less. Largely in the interest of seeing just how much food matters. Trader Joes was surprisingly accommodating here. I ate out maybe twice during my last year there.

luka

You can certainly cut right back on food costs. I have over the last year. Broccoli. Sweet potato. Onion. Carrot. Pepper. Tinned pulses. Kale. Rice. Pasta. Barley. Couscous. Not much else. But these kind of conversations are ridiculous and illustrate nothing.

linebaugh

spending $100 on food a month is ofc miserable but the question that remains is how does that relate to rage? if I understand gus's argument its that rage itself is contingent on the narrativization of that situation while Im saying the rage is innate and its the direction and expression of rage that is contingent.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Laxido might help if you’re not getting enough roughage, but can it flush out all those Trump votes?

Unlikely. The psychological compaction remains.

Leo

Conservatives outraged about some athletes taking a knee, yet most of them silent today.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Yeah that was the question wasn't it... some Americans are annoyed; are they annoyed cos they've been spun a narrative, or are they rightfully annoyed with people who have profited from a system in which they have failed - and even if the latter situation is true does that still depend on a narrative of sorts anyway? Is there even a possibility of rage without this sneaky narrative somehow getting in there and causing it?

IdleRich

IdleRich
Lost in the chaos yesterday was the fact that Vice President Mike Pence’s chief of staff Marc Short was barred from the White House grounds in apparent punishment for advising Pence to follow the Constitution. Indicates the level of paranoia and mistrust inside the White House.
More fall-out from yesterday becoming visible as the dust settles...