constant escape

winter withered, warm
Well I think if you can't name them precisely then you are on slightly dodgy ground? We know that the Murdochs fund a huge right wing media empire. We know that Rupert Soames, the CEO of Serco is an old Etonian.

I'm not sure what is to be gained by saying "this group of billionaires that I do not know the names of and who may or may not exist are doing X".
Well the major reason I;m not conspiratorially inclined is because I don't give humans credit for operating this system we're in, at least not nearly as thoroughly as such systems can be operated. (edit: in theory. No historical examples of successful global poiltical systems, to my knowledge)

I think humans make massively consequential executive decisions, but I don't think these decisions are made in the context of a robust and extensive strategy. I think systems of global complexity elude human cognition, at least in its current manifestation.

john eden

male pale and stale
Are "globalists" even actually globalists though? I'd assume a lot of them will use nationalism when it suits them. Jacob Rees Mogg paints himself as a nationalist but has investments that are transnational. Same with Trump. I'd assume the reverse is true if someone could actually name some of these supposed "globalists". Are they all not about profit first and ideology second?

constant escape

winter withered, warm
Are "globalists" even actually globalists though? I'd assume a lot of them will use nationalism when it suits them. Jacob Rees Mogg paints himself as a nationalist but has investments that are transnational. Same with Trump. I'd assume the reverse is true if someone could actually name some of these supposed "globalists". Are they all not about profit first and ideology second?
Yeah this is critical. And it also ties in with your point about the people being interchangeable, exchangeable, across ideological lines.

I tend to think in terms of what kinds of ideological supplements are currently enjoying the favor of capitalism. And it seems to me that we haven't already passed through a properly and thoroughly globalist phase. Capital is already global, but the political infrastructure doesn;t seem to be matching its pace, no? Will the political infrastructure of the globe become global?

I thought Biden/Harris was a step in that direction, which is what I used my meager political agency to enforce by voting for them.

john eden

male pale and stale
Yeah this is critical. And it also ties in with your point about the people being interchangeable, exchangeable, across ideological lines.

I tend to think in terms of what kinds of ideological supplements are currently enjoying the favor of capitalism. And it seems to me that we haven't already passed through a properly and thoroughly globalist phase. Capital is already global, but the political infrastructure doesn;t seem to be matching its pace, no? Will the political infrastructure of the globe become global?

I thought Biden/Harris was a step in that direction, which is what I used my meager political agency to enforce by voting for them.
Well it will and it won't I think. You can see things revolving around increasingly powerful blocs like China, Russia, the US and maybe the EU. You see increased international co-operation on things like climate change (although this is a bit of a figleaf but it's a start).

But at the same time there is Trump (and the impulse behind him, his base etc) and also of course Brexit - and potentially the break up of the UK.

luka

The spectre of a one world government has been the ultimate horror for conspiracists for as long as I can remember because it marks the point at which there is no outside, no escape, no alternative. It's the ultimate nightmare that animates a lot of that productive, feverish paranoia.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
The spectre of a one world government has been the ultimate horror for conspiracists for as long as I can remember because it marks the point at which there is no outside, no escape, no alternative. It's the ultimate nightmare that animates a lot of that productive, feverish paranoia.
And I think its inevitable, unless we kinetically or otherwise destroy the infrastructure for any such arrangement, which I don't think will happen.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
But think about how much economic activity, even human activity, is now mediated by the digital, binary being an ideal control language. Plus you factor in machine-learning-aided advancements of machine-learning, just an example of technology's potential for feedback-enabled exponential progress.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
Again, I'd be surprised if this infrastructure isn't already being built. Perhaps it involves efforts that aren't intending to cooperate, but will prove to harmoniously align and combust into advancements way larger than the sum of their parts.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
It’s fucking capitalism. It’s been global for more than a few centuries. Why dance around the issue? Just nail the tail to the donkey. Techno-capitalism, monopoly capitalism, mixed economies, but most of all........c-c-c-c-cocaine capitalism.

Pick a state and you could tweak your language variants. China? Totalitarian capitalism. North Korea? Fuck knows. Australia? Alcoholic capitalism. UK? Alcohol and drugs capitalism. Denmark? Fit birds who pay more income tax capitalism. Mexico? Narco capitalism. Canadia? Cold wilderness capitalism. Italy? Nice motors capitalism.