luka

the time article names a few of them eg Podhorzer, senior adviser to the president of the AFL-CIO, the nation’s largest union federation

There was a conspiracy unfolding behind the scenes, one that both curtailed the protests and coordinated the resistance from CEOs.

joint statement of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and AFL-CIO

crossed ideological lines, with crucial contributions by nonpartisan and conservative actors.

successfully pressured social media companies to take a harder line against disinformation and used data-driven strategies to fight viral smears.

A group of liberal strategists he brought together in the early 2000s led to the creation of the Analyst Institute, a secretive firm that applies scientific methods to political campaigns. He was also involved in the founding of Catalist, the flagship progressive data company.

Last edited:

luka

i dont know the names of the cocaine producers, manufacturers, wholesalers, traffikers, distributors. i dont know how they transport it. i dont know how they get it through customs. i dont know much about their networks. but that doesnt mean they dont exist or that they are insiginificant.

luka

i dont know the names of more than 3 or 4 members of the cabinet but im fairly sure they exist, whoever they are.

john eden

male pale and stale
i dont know the names of the cocaine producers, manufacturers, wholesalers, traffikers, distributors. i dont know how they transport it. i dont know how they get it through customs. i dont know much about their networks. but that doesnt mean they dont exist or that they are insiginificant.
Yes that is a good bit of materialist and systemic thinking.

luka

i like how tea is thinking though, "we used accusations of anti semitism to help depose corbyn maybe we can use the same inneuenndo to topple Luka as Supreme Leader. if i just keep repeating it enough everyone will beleive it and finally it wil be me, Tea, in charge hahahahahahahha"

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Let's not forget that @john eden also believes in capital punishment. But to dismiss the idea that there are powerful people tending the strings regardless of religion, creed or colour is to have one's head firmly stuck up one's arse.
Strawman much? Can you point out where I said "powerful interest groups don't exist"?

What I actually said was that events such as the outcome of elections are not entirely determined in advance. Trump could still have won even an unrigged election last year if enough people had voted for him, regardless of what @luka's "big boys" may have wanted. I'm sure many "big boys" weren't happy about his win in 2016, but it happened anyway.

Same with the Brexit referendum - a surprise result that pleased a faction of powerful people while displeasing another, probably larger, faction of powerful people. But it was a narrow result that could easily have gone the other way.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
i like how tea is thinking though, "we used accusations of anti semitism to help depose corbyn maybe we can use the same inneuenndo to topple Luka as Supreme Leader. if i just keep repeating it enough everyone will beleive it and finally it wil be me, Tea, in charge hahahahahahahha"
I have no wish to depose you as de-facto Supreme Leader of an internet forum frequented mainly by about a dozen middle-aged blokes, if that's what you're worried about.

luka

i dont think the outcome of elections are entirely determied in advance either partly becasue powerful interests are either divided in their support or are not overly bothered which way the result goes but if a result goes a way they dont like they work overtime to overturn it. i dont think all powerful people are all powerful i just think they are powerful, have an outsized influence

luka

whats interesting about corbyn is that the big boys were pretty much all against him it was the people staging an insurrection against the rulers same with trump to a large extent. trump had some big boy backing at the start but haemoraged it over the course of his reign

luka

this is all ackowledged by everyone. people say labour has to suck up to the mail and murdoch if they want to rule. they have to make sure they dont scare the big boys or they wil never get a chance and other people say what is the point of a labour party that doesnt scare the big boys.