luka

It would be quite funny. Zero chance of it happening though. I'm hoping Biden dies this year and AOC mounts a communist coup.

luka

btw I was having a debate with someone yesterday about what his name is I call him Bidden but they insist it is Bide-en.

IdleRich

IdleRich
He isn't as aggressive as Trump, his son's had dealings with a Chinese energy firm and he's seen as a "globalist" who's happy for China to benefit from the decline of American manufacturing.
But Trump has had as much or more dealings with China... I guess it's like I said, the problem for Trump is that anything he could use to attack Biden was equally true of him, usually more so. I guess it worked on the hard-core base... but then so would anything.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Rudy W Giuiliani
Up early working on PA. @realDonaldTrump election night 800,000 lead was wiped out by hundreds of thousands of mail in ballots counted without any Republican observer. Why were Republicans excluded? Tweet me your guess, while I go prove it in court.
Sounds like a very systematic approach.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
It would be quite funny. Zero chance of it happening though. I'm hoping Biden dies this year and AOC mounts a communist coup.
I think she's great:

I also don't believe anyone, of any sex, gender identity or notional orientation, who says they don't fancy her at least a little bit.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Are Fox still telling "their talent not to refer to Biden as president elect"? And do they have any instructions for Hannity, Carlson etc etc?

Leo

I know a lot of liberals -- myself included -- who have a love/hate relationship with AOC. her presence in government and social media skills have motivated a lot of young people to get involved, which is great, and bless her for her push for worthy progressive causes. but she hasn't proven to be very strategic sometimes: not all parts of the country are the same, and her agenda does well in some districts and horribly in others. "defund the police" might win her support and votes in NYC, but there's evidence that it loses votes and senate/house seats for Dems in other parts of the country.

I totally get where she's coming from, and we're all fed up with Washington bureaucracy and political bullshit. but incremental change still helps a lot of people. blowing that with an all-or-nothing stance is actually selfish.

version

One thing on which I do agree with the right is that the people now out having parties in the street and whatnot are complete hypocrites after all the shit they gave Trump supporters for not taking the pandemic seriously.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I was just reflecting on how these next few months are gonna be a disaster in terms of the pandemic. I really don't see Trump giving any thought to it at all. Imagine a different world where the president was a decent man who might think that it was more important to stop people dying than scheming about how to cheat his way into staying in power. Ironically, after Trump said that no-one will be thinking of covid after Nov 3rd, it feels from here that the person that will be most true of himself.
Obviously can't do anything about it at the moment - in a sane world there would be some kind of joint task force with a plan for a smooth transition but obviously political concerns that would be admitting defeat will, er, trump that kind of sense.
So I really foresee months of literally nothing been done and then a new team coming in and having to learn it all from scratch, so I imagine that their effectiveness will be severely curtailed to start with.
As for this...
One thing on which I do agree with the right is that the people now out having parties in the street and whatnot are complete hypocrites after all the shit they gave Trump supporters for not taking the pandemic seriously.
I don't get it, having said Trump is the only one who thinks like that it actually lends some credence to what he said. What are they doing? I mean, I know they are celebrating but there are more daily cases than ever before... are people somehow thinking they won't get it or spread it?

Leo

after what we've been through the last four years and averted threat of four more worse ones, I give folks a pass on one day of masked outdoor celebrating. c'mon, guys, lighten up.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I do hear what you're saying... but on the other hand, it can kill people. Imagine lying on your death bed next week, you'd probably be kicking yourself a little going "I've made it through the last four years and we've averted the threat of four more worse ones, and now I'm gonna die before cunty balls even leaves the White House just cos I was too excited too pick up the mask that was right by the door as I rushed out to the celebration"

Anyway, got a question for people out there. I might have missed it cos I've not been able to read much news since yesterday afternoon - but has Johnson made any kind of statement or acknowledgement or even congratulations for Biden yet?

EDIT: that was a response to Leo not to Boxedjoy who got in before me

mixed_biscuits

@Leo I don't think there's much evidence of outdoor gatherings leading to (m)any outbreaks: there isn't much touching or sharing and the virus will just waft away on the wind, presumably. The afterparties, on the other hand, well.

CNN suddenly uninterested in Covid: https://edition.cnn.com/ - funny, that!