Lockdown 2.0

mixed_biscuits

Next development will be a takeover by the lurgies that withstand sanitiser.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Can I ask by what mechanism you think the virus has circumvented masks? A mask is a physical barrier to the saliva/mucus droplets that provide a vehicle for the virus. It's hard to see how it would be able get around this basic physical limitation.

Reactions: sus

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Some of the oyster shell layered masks are problematic - their vents mean most of the air you breathe out is expelled through those vents, but if multiple users wear them they can still reduce transmission rates. Another area where the Tory govt can’t get on top off things. I could email a mate who works in ICU about the range of choices out there, best bets etc. Supply and prices are sketchy.

Do you like music @mixed_biscuits , fancy a crack at your @version style top hundred? You start off thinking that’s loads of room to manoeuvre, then reality hits.

version

What? How can that be possible? Since Christmas Eve? But lockdown didn't start until June did it? What's going on, have I lost track of time or something? What year is it?
I didn't hang out with any mates for a couple of months or so after Christmas, just wasn't into it, then the pandemic hit and I didn't have too much of a choice. Lockdown started in March, I think.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Feeling very depressed about it and at the same time barely noticing it. Of course it's now easy to look at life before COVID and think what an idiot I was not to appreciate the freedom. As others have said, it's lost its strange romance and become routine. And being unable to get out into the world with the weather... And worst of all seeing a terrible economic recession coming down the pipe, if it hasn't already.

mixed_biscuits

The New Normal may well involve regular lockdowns in a vain attempt to alter the climate or stave off a flu that threatens to evade recent vaccines or to get a handle on organised crime in a specific area - after all, the people have accepted that mass house arrest of the innocent is morally acceptable provided that the justification is vaguely plausible. The economic impact will be softened by lockdown insurance.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I didn't hang out with any mates for a couple of months or so after Christmas, just wasn't into it, then the pandemic hit and I didn't have too much of a choice. Lockdown started in March, I think.
Up to you of course... but I think people feel better for some kind of release if possible. That's just my thought of course, none of my business obviously, ignore me.

version

Feeling very depressed about it and at the same time barely noticing it. Of course it's now easy to look at life before COVID and think what an idiot I was not to appreciate the freedom. As others have said, it's lost its strange romance and become routine. And being unable to get out into the world with the weather... And worst of all seeing a terrible economic recession coming down the pipe, if it hasn't already.
It's getting darker now too. Colder. It doesn't feel so much like a holiday when the sun's gone. There's also the Vitamin D issue HMGovt's been talking about.

sus

You need a trip to warmer climes Version. Set aside your worries, hit up a warm patch of rural India, live for a hundred pounds a month in the sunshine

Leo

I get a little bummed when I think the summer is gone and we never took a proper break. there were days that I slacked off but that's nothing like going away for two weeks, not sitting in front of a computer and answering emails.

luka

We'll be your friends linee don't worry. Are you a New Zealanders abroad or are you just really interested in the haka and other aspects of Maori culture?

luka

Ideally, to build a successful cult we really need people who are cut off from friends and family like you and version. It's actually perfect.

Leo

the storyline about coming back from vacation and being refreshed, recharged. what happens at the end of the year when you never got that chance to recharge? I think there's gonna me lots of burned out people by Xmas, if not sooner.

Last edited: