Are You Shy?

constant escape

winter withered, warm
Precisely. Thats how you get Outgoing People and Shy People, as if they were inherent categories rather than circumstantial and contingent states.

edit: the self-fulfilling is what secures it.

luka

Yeah, especially if that someone else registers to you as riding the wave, as harnessing it, as crashing it down upon you without empathy.

I remember being 18 it was some thing where all people my age were together and none of us knew each other and I was there listening to these people talk with such fluency and ease about total inanities and just being in awe. How can you talk so easily to a stranger about the weather. Where is the anxiety?

vimothy

yurp
but that's also why you can ride the shy wave and enjoy it, its just a case of getting yourself in right mindset

woops

is not like other people
what you lot are describing sounds less like shyness and more like crippling paranoia. shyness is just the worry that people won't like you. you clam up in case you say the wrong thing.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
what you lot are describing sounds less like shyness and more like crippling paranoia. shyness is just the worry that people won't like you. you clam up in case you say the wrong thing.
True, I'm talking about how something like shyness can come to determine one's being. Most of the time it doesn't get like that, and it stays closer to the surface, more manageable.

luka

I remember when I was little my mum gave me and my little sister some money to eat at the Golden Egg but I was too shy to go in so my sister went alone and I hung around outside. She was about 5 years old lol.

vimothy

yurp
everyone I knew used to constantly be shagging girls, or else it seemed like that - that was a big contributing factor at the time