linebaugh

61-DYPVI7vL.jpg

just got this in the mail

john eden

male pale and stale
That Carceral Capitalism one was quite cool for a bit, there was a buzz. Be interested to know what people here think of it.

linebaugh

have you read it? I picked it up because my buddy who isnt particularly in to this sort of thing liked so I thought there was a chance it wouldnt be 'boring.'

sus

I've decided Georgism is my thing

I wish Beiser were around to give us the Georgism schpiel

Basically, all these people are confused unless they're interested in land

It's all about land

The biggest mistake the United States ever made was not extending Homestead Act to freed slaves

etc etc

sus

View attachment 8712

this is what she looks like. POV shot from suspended right before she shoved his face into the cafeteria mash potatos.
Actually she came up to me in a Manhattan diner, right above 14th. It was 1am I'd just gotten out of a movie, was preparing to walk north to Harlem. I was propped up in a corner booth, the vinyl all blue teal like her hair, and she walked in—I didn't even notice at first, I had my nose in my book—and all the sudden she sits down, slides in front of me, puts a straw in my milkshape, and locks eyes with me while she drank. I'll never forget that day

jackie.jpg

version

My gut feeling with this stuff is anything after 2005ish that isn't written by one of the old people is probably not very good. No doubt that's an ignorant and closed minded position to take, but I just get a different feeling from it. The term gets tossed about a lot these days, but everything really does feel like LARPing now.

luka

theyre really good at tweets though. It's weird when you see big Twitter people try and write an essay and they can't do it at all.

version

If there are any good writers in that age bracket then I can only picture them as having managed to stay away from the internet and just having read lots of books, watched lots of films etc.

version

theyre really good at tweets though. It's weird when you see big Twitter people try and write an essay and they can't do it at all.
I've noticed a few people - Heghoulian, Logo, maybe a couple of others - claiming they're planning to ditch Twitter and focus on Substack instead. I dunno whether they will, but I'd be interested to see it happen. I think they'll struggle outside that instant feedback loop of tweeting.

version

Someone leaving Twitter for Substack almost feels like going into exile, but maybe it's necessary for precisely the reason I'm talking about re: getting away from the internet.