Drag City

catalog

This could make or break you Stan. I wish you every success. I am slightly troubled that th ou don't know anything about Bonnie Prince billie, who's one of the obvious stars, but we'll not dwell on it, particularly cos yoh used a lovely font colour on the op

• Haha
Reactions: sus

catalog

It's David and goliath. But look what just happened in your good country Stan. Dreams can come true

Reactions: sus

catalog

Your innocence is what we'll play on. I'll have to go of course. You'll be Eliot Ness and bring in capones head, I'll get knifed in the line of duty. I'm ready Stan. I believe in the power of thd young Americans. I mready to stake my reputation on it

constant escape

winter withered, warm
Appreciate the solidarity @catalog . Hopefully the sheer cutsiness of this thread will spare me the brimstone. Lukas indie yuck factor gauge will crack, the vacuum will bust, and the spirit will spill out into the wider atmosphere.

Leo

great label, and supposedly run on a no contract/handshake agreement basis with label and band splitting all sales revenue 50-50.

actually, I believe I'm mistaken, think that's Touch & Go. another great (probably greater) label, started in Detroit but Chicago based for many years. @padraig (u.s.) might be able to clarify on the contract thing.

woops

is not like other people
yes, loads of my old favourites on that list and most of the ones i like are in my melancholic thread. thing is most of them were on different labels over here so drag city was never a massive thing for me. it almost looks more like a distributor than a label in a way

woops

is not like other people
pavement on matador, stereolab on duophonic, make up on discord. you can see the wire-magazine-music movement coming in with all the improv stuff