Dissensus Gothic

john eden

male pale and stale
I used to have this LP, God knows how I ended up with it, probably bought after watching Snub TV in 1988 or something similar.

I somehow ended up interviewing Cranes once, without having heard any of their music. It went surprisingly well.

luka

Craner interviewed a Lot of pop stars when he worked at Leeds university student magazine, he's got good stories too. He's too modest to say

catalog

too late for orbit probably, or speedqueen. poor lad. but maybe he went to a 9 hour techno night at mantra.

gerald kirsch
gerald kirsch
1 year ago (edited)
he puts on a good show, and is major hype when he is on the line up, but when you study his mixing for the beats being correct, they rarely are , he also chops the mix up too much and it usually sounds gammy. honestly , besides his production talent, he's a bag of crap as a DJ

Last edited:

catalog

good pubs in leeds, theres a lovely sam smiths tucked away off the headrow, brilliant vibe in there at all hours.

luka

Yeah he said the people are really simple but quite friendly. He liked it there.

luka

Ben Watson was in Leeds for years too. He says the same thing. Talks about them like a primitive tribe from the forest.

catalog

leeds is basically a posh city centre surrounded by council estates. the people come in from beyond the ring road and wonder at the marvels of modern civilisation such as the victoria quarter and harvey nicks. leeds is very fashion and food, manchester more music.

catalog

everyone who is not from the north marvels at the friendliness and good ale, the simple ways, the nice haircuts. everyone is happy. alex and saskia from guildford get to live in hyde park and see real life pakistani people for the first time in their lives.