Emasculation of the Western Man

blockhead

it's a proliferation of turn of the century "self-help" industry boom through the vessels of today's dominant mode of communication (a PR tool) - the internet. the victory of individualism over collectivism, postmodernism over modernism, whatever you want to call it. it's "religious" insofar as it seeks cultural homogenisation, a lifestyle conformity which only works to ease the accumulation of capital. nothing remotely mystical about it. untapped insecurity is lucrative and you lads aren't immune from it either.

woops

is not like other people
it's a proliferation of turn of the century "self-help" industry boom through the vessels of today's dominant mode of communication (a PR tool) - the internet. the victory of individualism over collectivism, postmodernism over modernism, whatever you want to call it. it's "religious" insofar as it seeks cultural homogenisation, a lifestyle conformity which only works to ease the accumulation of capital. nothing remotely mystical about it. untapped insecurity is lucrative and you lads aren't immune from it either.

on the contrary:

no untapped insecurity = no dissensus

"we" lads are aware of that brb yoga with adrienne

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
@WashYourHands the greatest thing about those guardian articles are when someone writes one saying i have an extremely satisfactory sex life, i can't get enough of my wife, we go at it hammer and tongs morning noon and night and like clockwork someone pops up in the comments saying you may be unhealthily preoccupied with shagging your wife, and therefore neglecting her needs etc, they just can't help it
There is, or used to be, a sex/relationships advice column in the Grauniad, and on one occasion a bloke wrote in, saying "My girlfriend hates giving blowjobs, is there any way I can get her to change her mind?", and the response was basically an admonition for being a disgusting brutish caveman.

I also remember two distinct occasions when a woman wrote in to say "My bloke won't go down on me", and in response got a little essay in How To Train Your Man.

luka

Blockhead is my Marxist stepson, back from university for Christmas holidays to give me a bollocking at the dinner table.

sus

There is, or used to be, a sex/relationships advice column in the Grauniad, and on one occasion a bloke wrote in, saying "My girlfriend hates giving blowjobs, is there any way I can get her to change her mind?", and the response was basically an admonition for being a disgusting brutish caveman.

I also remember two distinct occasions when a woman wrote in to say "My bloke won't go down on me", and in response got a little essay in How To Train Your Man.
Between this and the date rape stats, Tea, you might have revealed yrself as a reactionary.

sus

Tea why did you never defend me in my moments of peril! We could've been a team. A dynamic duo!

sus

I'd never trust a Tory and their counter-revolutionary instincts

We dealt with them in '76 and we'll deal with em again

The old fashion way—these guns (pats biceps) and these (pats the ol' muzzle-loader)