How Computer Games Shaped Our Imaginations.

william_kent

one of the major appeals of being an addict that. gives life a sense of purpose.

one of the reasons I never became an addict - I'm just too lazy for all that hard work

they call it "grinding" in gamer speak, spending hours picking ears of corn to exchange for gold coins

version

one of the reasons I never became an addict - I'm just too lazy for all that hard work

they call it "grinding" in gamer speak, spending hours picking ears of corn to turn into gold coins

This was one of the things the guy said in his bit. That people think of them as lazy but they're probably the busiest people you know.

william_kent

This was one of the things the guy said in his bit. That people think of them as lazy but they're probably the busiest people you know.

up at the crack of dawn searching for some bits of electrical wire they can burn the plastic off

I like a lie-in myself

version

even being a teenage skunk nut seemed to involve all sorts of escapades, long walks across the city, meetings with dubious strangers, finding coins under sofa cushions and in coat pockets

Yeah, absolutely. I remember trying to get weed for a party once and me and my mate ended up walking around meeting people for so long the party finished just as we got there.

luka

Yeah, absolutely. I remember trying to get weed for a party once and me and my mate ended up walking around meeting people for so long the party finished just as we got there.
i really miss that aspect of it

version

It was shit at the time. We laughed, but were also pretty fed up. We walked miles back to his thinking at least we've got a bunch of weed then when we got to his we realised we had no skins or anything we could use to smoke it and just went to bed.

william_kent

It was shit at the time. We laughed, but were also pretty fed up. We walked miles back to his thinking at least we've got a bunch of weed then when we got to his we realised we had no skins or anything we could use to smoke it and just went to bed.

improv? toilet tissue? tin foil? an empty milk bottle and a bic pen and a bit of tin foil = improvised bong? real bongs? a carrot or potato hollowed out to make a "pipe"?

disappointed in your teenage self...

version

We'd been walking around for hours and hours by this point and couldn't be arsed using an apple or anything like that. It was just the full stop on a total waste of a night.

william_kent

We'd been walking around for hours and hours by this point and couldn't be arsed using an apple or anything like that. It was just the full stop on a total waste of a night.

"where there is a will, there's a way"

edit: sarcasm, but I get where you are coming from - however, i may have adopted all of the "improv' methods i mentioned above at one time or another, mostly in desperation

edit: I neglected to mention "hot knives", but my throat does not need to be reminded of the pain

william_kent

I neglected to mention "hot knives", but my throat does not need to be reminded of the pain

I also forgot to mention the blim of hash skewered on a safety pin which was set ablaze and then covered by the pint glass you stole from the local and when the glass was full of ugly smoke you'd slightly lift the rim and suck as hard as you could before coughing violently method of "no skins" improv

version

On another occasion one of my mates cut his hand pretty badly trying to get the fitting off a light bulb so we could smoke out of it. There was this cartilage type stuff sticking out of the cut and he tried to bite it off, but it just stretched a bit and stuck out some more and he ran off and threw up in the toilet.

When he came back we got him to try again with another bulb and he sorted it and it was cool. I dunno whether it was smoking it out of the bulb or we just didn't properly scrape the coating off the inside, but it def. felt different.

william_kent

On another occasion one of my mates cut his hand pretty badly trying to get the fitting off a light bulb so we could smoke out of it. There was this cartilage type stuff sticking out of the cut and he tried to bite it off, but it just stretched a bit and stuck out some more and he ran off and threw up in the toilet.

When he came back we got him to try again with another bulb and he sorted it and it was cool. I dunno whether it was smoking it out of the bulb or we just didn't properly scrape the coating off the inside, but it def. felt different.

I once tried changing a light bulb when stoned and the new one didn't quite screw in ( it was that old ) so I poked my finger in to the fitting to see what was up and I bounced across the room but your story is "next level"

william_kent

at least i didn't see a blinding blue flash

but I have on another occasion

if any of you come to the next northern dissensus meetup ask me about "abstracting electricity"

luka

we should have a thread of just versions stories growing up, like that one where he found someone passed out drunk in a field so he filled the mans pockets with gravel then kicked him in the balls. every story he can remember in a massive list. that would be the best thread.

william_kent

we should have a thread of just versions stories growing up, like that one where he found someone passed out drunk in a field so he filled the mans pockets with gravel then kicked him in the balls. every story he can remember in a massive list. that would be the best thread.

"true dat"

version

That was HMGovt's story.