Corpsey

bandz ahoy
That's one of the (presumably inadvertent) great things about Arnie's casting in Terminator – that he was a Bavarian German, I mean. The voice of mechanised sociopathic slaughter.

That accent basically never made sense again ("Detective Jahn Kimble").

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I guess there's the early Arnie canon of hardcore action movies and then there's the irony drenched appreciation of his attempts to become a comedy/family film star.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Pretty sure he blazed that trail first. Every professional wrestler who gets into "acting" tries the same thing.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Start with the action movies and move into comedy movies that make a joke out of a huge muscular man having to be a suburban dad or babysitter or whatever.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Commando is the Arnie star vehicle movie par excellence. Totally over the top and ultraviolent with all these cheesy one liners.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
That's one of the (presumably inadvertent) great things about Arnie's casting in Terminator – that he was a Bavarian German, I mean. The voice of mechanised sociopathic slaughter.

That accent basically never made sense again ("Detective Jahn Kimble").
Austrian, innit.

I think nomad said here once that Germans find Arnie's accent amusing, because to them it makes him sound like a farmer.