Children

sufi

lala
My sister said six of her friendship group are currently pregnant. Lot of babies are getting born through this.
My gran is 101 and must have been conceived during the flu pandemic, she also did scarlett fever lockdown as a kid, so she's like pandemic o yeah waht? another one pff

Reactions: Leo

sufi

lala
“What did you do during the Great Covid War of 2020 Dad?”

- “your mother and I fucked each other til we were sore”.

The first lockdown was a lot easier because my Mum got stranded here, helped out more than words can really tell. Autumn into winter got tougher. In-laws have been stuck in Liverpool. With boys we find it easier getting outdoors, camped out a bunch over summer even if it was only the back garden. Autumn trails, picking through tree types from leaves. Other half would like one more if it’s a girl. I dunno, think we’ve bitten off enough for now.

As has been said - the greatest source of joy and magic, but the greatest leveller too. Can’t believe we just had 14hours in bed to chill. Unhurried sex. Lord have mercy.
glad you missed this thread on your night of kid free glory

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Or finding lego (where it shouldn’t be) mid-coitus, so she starts pulling her pants up and you’re there full tent pole, half-pleading, “no wait, I put it all away earlier, it’s just one piece of missed Lego love......, c’mon I’ll do my finest Clint impressions.....”

It’s a cold world.

sus

Can we talk about the brain hijacking thing, that's an important part of the conversation

sus

Mums are never the same. They're respectable sane women and then something happens, it flips, they can't be reasoned with anymore, they get tunnel vision, it never goes away even when the kids are grown up the mom can't stop mothering

sus

Your entire life narrative re-arranges, your constellation of meaning shatters, is reborn, you're now a new person congratulations, the baby chemicals are in you

john eden

male pale and stale
Mums are never the same. They're respectable sane women and then something happens, it flips, they can't be reasoned with anymore, they get tunnel vision, it never goes away even when the kids are grown up the mom can't stop mothering
The same as what though? Women without kids in their 40s and 50s aren’t the same as women in their twenties anyway.

sus

That could be true but I know young women who look at their own moms and worry what happens to you

sus

Mums be like, "I know it seems unlikely you will need 2.5lbs of hand sanitizer and 250 pairs of gloves during your flight, but I re-packed your bags anyway to make space because better safe than sorry, right? Also I want you to know even though this behavior makes you loathe me as neurotic and overbearing, I will do it anyway because it's for your own good, and that trumps what you want.... alsso I have no control over
this whatsoever, as a Mother"

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
My mum be like, "I know it seems unlikely you will need 2.5lbs of hand sanitizer and 250 pairs of gloves during your flight, but I re-packed your bags anyway to make space because better safe than sorry, right? Also I want you to know even though this behavior makes you loathe me as neurotic and overbearing, I will do it anyway because it's for your own good, and that trumps what you want.... alsso I have no control over
this whatsoever, as a Mother"
fixed it for you

sus

I'm putting it all out there the fears the prejudice the primal terrors, in order to get feedback, to make a correct decision

boxedjoy

I'm never going to be able to accidentally produce a child. If I ever become a parent it will be a deliberate and wilful decision and I'm not convinced by the idea of gay adoption purely because I don't believe it's fair on the child - the world is still very homophobic and nobody needs the stigma of gay parents plus the very obvious signposting of being adopted in that situation.

I think I'm too selfish to have a child. Maybe it will change when I'm older. But... I like gigs and clubs. I like reading and being online and playing music. I like being uncommitted and untethered. I don't feel ready to give that up, not yet anyway.

When i was 18 I had custody of my 15 yr old brother and it was very challenging. Not every teenager is going to be as difficult as he was but the work I had to put in for someone who was old enough to be theoretically self-sufficient gave me a sense of scale of what life would be like as a proper parent.

I don't think there's anything unworthy about admitting that, and I think that people who have children are brave and fearless in a way I will never know or understand.

martin

----
Do you know what I'd have given for a caring, loving mummy who clutched me to her breast when I had kid flu and made me soup and fussed over me? Instead of making me chew on a thermometer for an hour, eyeing me with suspicion, and then later opening my mail every time I ordered a zine?