as i undertsand it its trying to articulate the unsayable thing of enjoyment within subjugation.

oddly transgressive from the off isnt it with that metaphor of unfolding all the bodily parts onto a flat plane so the nervous system and skin and organs might be looked as some flat graph, perceivable network

how were unaviodably plugged into this vast impersonal machinic electrical feedback network of desire where even slavery and punishment register some 'joussance' on the subject

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Is third confused by it catalog? Will I need to explain it to him are you saying?

why would I be confused by it? I was thinking about this stuff 10 years ago. Capitalism destroys the individual subject anyway.

How does a subject exist when you're just an interchangeable module with a unit of labour-power commodity in you?

That sort of thinking makes sense in more feudal, agrarian societies, like of course, Dostoyevsky was living in.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
as i undertsand it its trying to articulate the unsayable thing of enjoyment within subjugation.

oddly transgressive from the off isnt it with that metaphor of unfolding all the bodily parts onto a flat plane so the nervous system and skin and organs might be looked as some flat graph, perceivable network

how were unaviodably plugged into this vast impersonal machinic electrical feedback network of desire where even slavery and punishment register some 'joussance' on the subject

It's more the turn to an insulated politics of desire by the French intelligentsia after their misguided flirtations with Maoism. Foucault one of the worst of them of course, but Lyotard et al not exempt. They mistook the failure of third world revolutions for the complete cooptation of all energies by capitalism, rather than situating said movements in their historical contexts. It's just a poncier take on Marcuse's idea that the working class is no longer inherently revolutionary (never said it was!) who is at least more interesting to read.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
similarly with xenogothic and them lot, all this republishing of Mark's later lectures is a cynical attempt to cash in after the failure of Corbynism. Academia is where revolutionary impulses go to die and turned into showpieces.

similarly with xenogothic and them lot, all this republishing of Mark's later lectures is a cynical attempt to cash in after the failure of Corbynism. Academia is where revolutionary impulses go to die and turned into showpieces.

There might be an element of truth here but id say this a very cynical take

version

make exit sexy!
I'm thinking along the lines of having a shit job with good people. The work itself is shit, but the people make it bearable or even pleasant. You're still doing the job, but your view of it's been flipped.

RWY

Cynical in what way? Other than building their own personal brands, selling books and safeguarding the continuation of the left twitter circlejerk, what exactly does the activity of these types contribute to the world?

version

xenogoths mark fisher haunt twitter account said this place had been overrun by alt right degenerates
Screenshot-from-2021-01-24-19-55-08.png

Cynical in what way? Other than building their own personal brands, selling books and safeguarding the continuation of the left twitter circlejerk, what exactly does the activity of these types contribute to the world?
ok. let me frame the question in a different way. why do you post on dissensus?