Ernest Hartmann Boundaries Questionnaire ***NOW WORKING AND UPDATED***

catalog

Yeah that one about the dreams of stabbing was also an easy one for me.

What about the dream where its you? I always am the centre of my dreams bit I asked my wife and she is often an inanimate object, which I never thought happened to anyone.

catalog

She dreams she changes into things. Like becomes a cloud. I've never heard that before, so these quizzes have a use for something.

Reactions: sus

version

I asked my wife and she is often an inanimate object, which I never thought happened to anyone.
I've had that twice. Once I was a jug of water on a table and could just survey the kitchen from that vantage. The other time I dunno if I was an object or just stuck halfway out of it and unable to look down and see my body, but I was a radiator.

sus

She dreams she changes into things. Like becomes a cloud. I've never heard that before, so these quizzes have a use for something.
Yes the thing I like most about filling this out is realizing that, if responses I think are insane are on the survey, it means plenty of people feel that way or are that way. Like the stuff about having waking nightmares, blurred sense of reality, your imaginings so real you confuse them with the world.

sus

I've had that twice. Once I was a jug of water on a table and could just survey the kitchen from that vantage. The other time I dunno if I was an object or just stuck halfway out of it and unable to look down and see my body, but I was a radiator.
To pull a Russell conjugation, She dreams of being an inanimate object because she's a woman. He dreams of being an inanimate object because he's read Joyce.

sus

I scored 222, right smack in the middle. Despite lots of 4s and 0s! Only a handful of 2s but it still evened out.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Hey I have facial hair just cuz my pubes haven't come in doesn't mean you can make fun of me!!
Nah man, this is like the end of Kung Fu Hustle where The Beast, who is a great kung-fu master, is finally defeated by Stephen Chow, and is all like, "please teach me!". The master once again becomes the student; the circle is complete.

Woebot

@Matthew

293 for me overall.
Average is 250-300. Highest score is 552.

So I guess the higher end of average for me.

Generally middle-ish to low middle scores I think.

Outliers:
Interpersonal 18 (high score 48)
Peoples nations groups 46 (56)

It was interesting.
the middle scores must be the ones to aim for i reckon. a good solid ego - but not inflexible.

those outliers are of yours are interesting john.

i think it's a very useful concept. i don't like these things in general but this is such a fundamental criteria i really embrace it.

Woebot

This is basically my position, and also what shiels said above about being able to formulate a scenario for each statement on each scale point.

That's why I don't like em but I did it and look where it got me.

I think the point is to do them quick so it's your idealised self answering.

That's why people who like doing them like doing them, there's a big of self fulfilling prophecy about it.
i know what you mean BUT in this case one's idealisation is, i think, a valid factor. it relates to the concept of the boundary itself.

for me the funniest one is "14. I have had unusual reactions to marijuana." i first thought HANG ON if you hadn't had marijuana how could you answer it - it's a bit like that joke "do you still beat your wife?" but then I realised if you hadn't tried marijuana you could still put 0 - which would be in this instance a thick score.

Reactions: sus

Woebot

I mean, this could mean anything! I could answer a strong Yes on this because I think science doesn't understand language and the brain and complex social organization yet, and those are powerful forces. And you could say, strong No, science understands so much, physics and astronomy and biology wow. But if we got into details we'd realize we agreed about all the things science knows and doesn't know, we just "round it up" different, you know?

Not picking at Matt at all, this is how all personality surveys work and it drives me nuts, I never know what to bubble. I could justify any of them.
i suppose this particular is not requiring to be overthought

and it's fair enough to criticise it! totally get it. i've just presented it as it is because it's interesting and to me insightful.

lots of them i think one could mark in the opposite way as a compensation for being a space-cadet - like for instance i like pictures with frames and all those organizational ones because i've learnt i need a high degree of order. but equally, learnt or not, that's still a boundary.

but as an example of just a few cases where i too think it falls down
98. If we open ourselves to the world, we find that things go better than expected.
there's too much of a perceptual value judgement in that.
110. Success is largely a matter of good organization and keeping good records.
you could say this as a disorganised person!
108. I am a down to earth, no-nonsense kind of person.
everyone thinks this surely? even when they are batshit crazy.

etc

i do find it interesting (which emerges out of the BQ) that "robust" (as opposed to "fluid" ego formation is strongly associated with a happy childhood.

luka

what im most interested in is, im quite 'solid' actually, for the most part, but i find that intolerably boring, so ive devoted my life to trying to go a bit wavy. like that byrion gysin quote when im open im the artist when im closed im bryion gysin

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
i know what you mean BUT in this case one's idealisation is, i think, a valid factor. it relates to the concept of the boundary itself.

for me the funniest one is "14. I have had unusual reactions to marijuana." i first thought HANG ON if you hadn't had marijuana how could you answer it - it's a bit like that joke "do you still beat your wife?" but then I realised if you hadn't tried marijuana you could still put 0 - which would be in this instance a thick score.
Mate, don't take this the wrong way, but you're both the most and least hippyish person I think I've ever encountered.

luka

he is an unusual combination of conflicting and competing impulses its true. a very good case study. a war zone of a man.