Ernest Hartmann Boundaries Questionnaire ***NOW WORKING AND UPDATED***

john eden

male pale and stale
@Matthew

293 for me overall.
Average is 250-300. Highest score is 552.

So I guess the higher end of average for me.

Generally middle-ish to low middle scores I think.

Outliers:
Interpersonal 18 (high score 48)
Peoples nations groups 46 (56)

It was interesting.

I think I could write an example of my own experience for every point of the scale on every question and feel that it were true, what does that say?

luka

I think I could write an example of my own experience for every point of the scale on every question and feel that it were true, what does that say?
i prefer the gestalt notion of a valve which can be opened or closed as the situation requires

I can't believe your score was only about 100 I thought you were an indigo shaman empath who assumed the required form for every situation and relationship but you're basically mark from peep show

luka

that was under the old rules where the lower your score the more powerful you are.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Actually I heard he's 12 and hasn't even started shaving yet. I don't know how I'll ever live down the humiliation.

sus

Hey I have facial hair just cuz my pubes haven't come in doesn't mean you can make fun of me!!

sus

People of different nations are basically very much alike
I always have a problem with surveys like these, with abstract quantifiers and concepts that are vaguely defined. Wtf does "very alike" mean? Compared to what? I'm very similar to an African bushman compared to a squirrel. I'm very different to him compared to my friend Ben. How on earth can you quantify and compare very much alike. Alike in what way?

sus

12. There are a great many forces influencing us which science does not understand at all.
I mean, this could mean anything! I could answer a strong Yes on this because I think science doesn't understand language and the brain and complex social organization yet, and those are powerful forces. And you could say, strong No, science understands so much, physics and astronomy and biology wow. But if we got into details we'd realize we agreed about all the things science knows and doesn't know, we just "round it up" different, you know?

Not picking at Matt at all, this is how all personality surveys work and it drives me nuts, I never know what to bubble. I could justify any of them.

Last edited:

catalog

This is basically my position, and also what shiels said above about being able to formulate a scenario for each statement on each scale point.

That's why I don't like em but I did it and look where it got me.

I think the point is to do them quick so it's your idealised self answering.

That's why people who like doing them like doing them, there's a big of self fulfilling prophecy about it.

sus

Yes definitely, self-fulfilling. "Tell me how you interpret yourself and I'll tell you who you are." Um, I think you skipped a step there, the mirror reflects your self-interpretation more than your "self" per se. "43. I am good at keeping accounts and keeping track of my money." Good compared to whom?

I end up just putting the middle bubble for everything. "It depends" / "a little of both"

Last edited:

sus

The questions like "13. I have dreams, daydreams, nightmares in which my body or someone else’s body is being stabbed, injured, or torn apart." are much better. There's still a question of how often we're talking, like, do you mean once a year or once a week, but at least it's a more or less objective fact I can report

sus

"27. For me, things are black or white; there are no shades of grey."

Did anyone put anything other than a 0 on this one?