yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
hm, so is there a gigantic online virtual gallery through which you can walk and see everything that is offered via nft? i want to sell one of my paintings for a million but where do i start?

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
hm, so is there a gigantic online virtual gallery through which you can walk and see everything that is offered via nft? i want to sell one of my paintings for a million but where do i start?
I'd say start by getting a scan of the painting, by whatever means you are satisfied with, then you can use any of the NFT minting platforms (OpenSea, etc) to mint an image/GIF as an NFT.

But I'd advise against minting on Ethereum, because transactions are expensive right now, and minting constitutes a transaction. Maybe watch a YouTube tutorial on minting NFTs on Tezos, a more affordable blockchain, or maybe on Stacks.

Reactions: sus

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
But yeah there are also virtual galleries, and apparently there are apps/platforms to easily make your own gallery.

Also some established metaverse games have properties dedicated to galleries, but I've only spent a little time in games like Decentraland. Not very interested, personally.

toko

is nft art always digital art? what i see is just pictures made on a computer such as those pixelated cartoons? can you also sell a physical sculpture via nft? how does that work?

opensea is the biggest nft site. regarding physical assets-it would probably happen through a combination of Ricardian contracts and smart contracts. Here is an interesting article that talks about both. @suspended @Clinamenic you might this interesting as well. https://iang.org/papers/intersection_ricardian_smart.html

luka

They won't understand you, they are literally subhuman. I mean that. They are beneath contempt.

luka

You will deman yourself by begging for their favours. Never let them think you want in. This is so fundamental. Never beg for scraps from the enemy's table

luka

And I make an emotional connection. So choose. A cartoon monkey or making a human connection.

• Haha
Reactions: Leo

sus

History. A fossil. The kids see you on the typewriter they go "oh who could this old man be on this precious antique, let's watch him clack the keys as a gag"

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
But yeah there are also virtual galleries, and apparently there are apps/platforms to easily make your own gallery.

Also some established metaverse games have properties dedicated to galleries, but I've only spent a little time in games like Decentraland. Not very interested, personally.
i feel like it's the same as art in reality? where art galleries, art dealers, banks and other financial institutions control and own the art world? except now it's the virtual galleries, the top platforms and the people with the most followers on social media?