toko

My Twitter timeline is choke-full of cognitive dissonance about how much the public hates NFTs and how toxic they can be:

No no, it can't possibly be that everyone knows that the current NFT space is largely a tacky cash grab based on marketing tactics. It's because we are "early" and everyone else is stupid. (Although I will say the power/climate harmfulness narrative is objectively stupid). crypto cheerleaders are blinded by hopium and refuse to see how deep the rot is. Oh well, at least within the next year or so a bunch of the shit will be washed away by a great crash. (see ico rush in 2018) I just hope the collateral damage isn't too significant in the long run.

• Haha
Reactions: sus

martin

----
Utopia has shot up by 206,602%
Clinamenic’s recommendation? NYCCoin

If you’d put £500 into Shina Ibu around the time this thread started, you’d now have about £5 million.
Clinamenic’s take? “Algorand, Cardano and some others that I know less about, claim not unreasonably to be orders of magnitude more efficient than Bitcoin and even Ethereum, so the criticism that crypto is monolithically detrimental to the environment is simply ill-informed.”

Solana has gone from $3 to $161
Clinamenic? (bbzzzhhhh radio silence)

ie, if you want decent crypto tips, Dissensus SUCKS. Luckily I took my financial advice from someone on Twitter with a fat dog with laser eyes, so had a nice result...though can't quit work just yet.

Anyway, I'm glad Stan's cocktail thread’s been revived 🍸:cool:

toko

i don't come to dissensus to make money off ponzis. thats what twitter is for. i for one enjoy Clinamenic’s shitty takes and i sincerely hope he keeps posting them.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
The idea of substantial passive income is an idea I like, for obvious reasons, but what interests me more are the opportunities that can persist once the notion of profit has been disabled, e.g. configuring governance tokens in such a way as to preclude their holders from selling them.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
But yeah the hopium is rampant still, its just uncanny how resilient it is. @suspended has made points about cultural value being able to spread and take hold faster in crypto, a sort of tinkerbell effect on steroids.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
And having money at stake does make one more willing to turn a blind eye to certain criticisms. Combine that with the rhetoric @toko mentions about glorifying the web3 movement and everyone involved, with everyone outside being unenlightened luddites, and we would seem to have the makings for an ultimate echo chamber.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
But this would also seem to strike at something very nearly universal, at least within the cultures that vaunt busyness: the compulsion to pounce on profit.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
But on the side of the web3 zealot: if web3 is the future of the internet, and the internet is the future of our lives, then it would seem such hyperbolic hype is, indeed, warranted.

luka

who? a good chunk is cashed out into stablecoins so my wealth isn't totally really subject to the volatility of prices. i just would use a credit/atm provider like crypto.com which I can pay via stables or crypto directly. if this is a joke i aplogize. if not, I question Edmunds's intelligence.
@woops your intelligence has been questioned

luka

My Twitter timeline is choke-full of cognitive dissonance about how much the public hates NFTs and how toxic they can be:

No no, it can't possibly be that everyone knows that the current NFT space is largely a tacky cash grab based on marketing tactics. It's because we are "early" and everyone else is stupid. (Although I will say the power/climate harmfulness narrative is objectively stupid). crypto cheerleaders are blinded by hopium and refuse to see how deep the rot is. Oh well, at least within the next year or so a bunch of the shit will be washed away by a great crash. (see ico rush in 2018) I just hope the collateral damage isn't too significant in the long run.
@sufi you have been declared 'objectively stupid'

luka

assertion of dominance. take out the toughest nut on the prison yard, fork stabbed him right in the eye socket, have that you cunt!

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
Utopia has shot up by 206,602%
Clinamenic’s recommendation? NYCCoin

If you’d put £500 into Shina Ibu around the time this thread started, you’d now have about £5 million.
Clinamenic’s take? “Algorand, Cardano and some others that I know less about, claim not unreasonably to be orders of magnitude more efficient than Bitcoin and even Ethereum, so the criticism that crypto is monolithically detrimental to the environment is simply ill-informed.”

Solana has gone from $3 to $161
Clinamenic? (bbzzzhhhh radio silence)

ie, if you want decent crypto tips, Dissensus SUCKS. Luckily I took my financial advice from someone on Twitter with a fat dog with laser eyes, so had a nice result...though can't quit work just yet.

Anyway, I'm glad Stan's cocktail thread’s been revived 🍸:cool:
what should i buy martin? i feel like i'm the only person actually losing money with crypto. and who is the fat dog with the laser eyes?