wild greens

I did see a reporter from Forbes got nicked for trying to launder 3.6bn in coins though which is such a good story. i take my hats off to them

The couple arrested Tuesday, Mr. Lichtenstein and Ms. Morgan, allegedly used their laundered proceeds to purchase a variety of material goods and assets, including gold, nonfungible tokens and Walmart gift cards, officials said.

Ms. Morgan and Mr. Lichtenstein, who also goes by the nickname Dutch, have promoted themselves as veteran tech and crypto entrepreneurs, according to their social-media posts. Their enterprises include co-founding Demandpath, a venture-capital fund, and Endpass, a cryptocurrency wallet.

On Medium, a publishing platform, Mr. Lichtenstein’s profile describes him as a “tech entrepreneur, explorer, and occasional magician.” His profile on LinkedIn, the professional networking platform, says he is a “coder and investor interested in blockchain technology, automation, and big data.”

Ms. Morgan’s profile on Forbes.com, where her articles are posted under the site’s ForbesWomen banner, says she is an international economist and serial entrepreneur specializing in software development.

Imagine being so stupid as to buying gift cards for the fucking shop.

Should have just washed it with monero then bought their own nfts like everyone else does

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
I do think defi will change a lot but the social media bits are a load of shit imo
Yeah I largely agree. I think the advantage will go to the second or maybe third mover here, whereas the likes of Lens I think will just be breaking ground and sending initial probes, absorbing initial flak, etc.

Here Discord and Reddit are maybe the zeroth movers.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
That said, I would be interested in investing in Lens after any initial craze subsides. On the other hand, I suppose you can get indirect exposure, to some degree, by way of Aave's governance token.

wild greens

I would think real value moving forward is in anonymity and disappearing not my every action becoming an nft

If you were to want to stay out of the systems, as this decentralisation ideal suggests, then the things to look to are things like bisq i think. The removal of exchange and trail. These will become more mainstream in time. If i were a betting man i would say your adventurous lads should be setting up monero-based or XHV exchanges in the caymans. Haven protocol banks*

This is some weird opposite though ;
The main hook of social media is that you are on an accessible platform surely, oh this is my twitter insta etc, not hello do you want to enter my blockchain soulseek private chat; oh did i mention we can monetize the token that represents our friend connection for some reason

Monetising your content is effectively memeing yourself or becoming a self facilitating media node which i understand in principle but there is a reason influencers can obtain cash, its because they become a free advertisement in a passive free environment. If i had to pay even an infinitesimal amount for every tweet i read or video i watched then the concept is largely moot for most i think.

If the suggest is longterm that it is to become a decentralised subscription model then are you not just trying to reinvent onlyfans or substack

Not convinced

*if i had the dough this is what i would do tbh. Flat 1% transaction fee ha

version

The main hook of social media is that you are on an accessible platform surely, oh this is my twitter insta etc, not hello do you want to enter my blockchain soulseek private chat; oh did i mention we can monetize the token that represents our friend connection for some reason

Monetising your content is effectively memeing yourself or becoming a self facilitating media node which i understand in principle but there is a reason influencers can obtain cash, its because they become a free advertisement in a passive free environment. If i had to pay even an infinitesimal amount for every tweet i read or video i watched then the concept is largely moot for most i think.
You get this with podcasters whom you have to subscribe to to access their Discord server.

wild greens

either Lens will be your new platform and they will have to monetise your percentage eventually, or you will decentralise yourself into a smaller market reach

who knows i have been wrong before

wild greens

I did see a reporter from Forbes got nicked for trying to launder 3.6bn in coins though which is such a good story. i take my hats off to them

Imagine being so stupid as to buying gift cards for the fucking shop.

Should have just washed it with monero then bought their own nfts like everyone else does

version

I find it really difficult to work up any enthusiasm or interest in this stuff, but frequently feel as though I'm hobbling myself by not doing so.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
I find it really difficult to work up any enthusiasm or interest in this stuff, but frequently feel as though I'm hobbling myself by not doing so.
One reason I find it exciting is that its sort of a digital native civilization thats being built, with data as its lifeblood.

version

One reason I find it exciting is that its sort of a digital native civilization thats being built, with data as its lifeblood.
co_vampire.jpg

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Its also interesting from a perspective of IT embroyology, observing how the internet stack just keeps getting more complex and efficient, like a form of evolution hastened by us conscious midwives of nature.