thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I def think Denmark could sneak one past England. Whether it'll be a 2-1 or a 3-1 is up for debate. I don't see England coming away with a clean sheet this time though.

Germanys problem is the squad is just too damn old. I mean seriously, who expects Thomas Muller to be at the level he was at in 2010-14. Similar problem with Croatia.

France's squad the most expensive team in the world and they got knocked out in the last 16. Perhaps the players just aren't feeling the euros and want to gird their loins for the World Cup. Still so bummed it's being played in Qatar - a second 2 none monarchic oligarchy run by about 10 people.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I def think Denmark could sneak one past England. Whether it'll be a 2-1 or a 3-1 is up for debate. I don't see England coming away with a clean sheet this time though.
Hmmm, I can imagine a few terrible scenarios the football gods could inflict upon England as a punishment for a few of us daring to dream. For example, suppose it was a nil nil draw and then England lost on penalties, exiting the tournament (and exciting @thirdform) in the semi-final having conceded no goals at all.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I can imagine England crumbling to dust if Denmark score, the magic spell broken
Yeah, I can too cos it's a new challenge. Of course it's good that in this tournament they have never gone behind, in fact not in conceded a goal... but how will they deal if they do?
In the world cup they led against Croatia in the semi but when they went level again they kinda panicked... one of the Croatians (I forget which) even said something like "we'd heard about this England team and their new way of playing... but after the goal they seemed just like the old one to me".

Last edited:

haji

lala
Yeah, I can too cos it's a new challenge. Of course it's good that in this tournament they have never gone behind, in fact not in conceded a goal... but how will they deal if they do?
In the world cup they lead against Croatia in the semi but when they went level again they kinda panicked... one of the Croatians (I forget which) even said something like "we'd heard about this England team and their new way of playing... but after the goal they seemed just like the old one to me".
time will tell how psychologically fragile they are beneath the boring defensive play, but that would be 100% typical

IdleRich

IdleRich
I guess they are two years further on than they were then. I think they have become mentally more robust.... but how much so?

hucks

Your Message Here
Spread betting with a 2 team support interest, although Wales should go further than Scotland

More of this kind of guttedness ta gods

If this bloke is still around, get him onboard

The guy who says Southgate should get the job must be well chuffed with this video. The guy who'd almost lost his voice and wanted Pardew must be gutted he hadn’t lost it entirely.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
the Nigel network runs deep, check the highlights

3A614C02-7BCD-480E-B6F5-C72F3E626DFE.jpeg

Italy v Spain. Record winning streaks compounded by knockout tournaments, something might give. Italy by a goal? If Italy play well, 2-0. Who the fuck knows

IdleRich

IdleRich
Really looking forward to this one... got a load of beers, ordered pizza to arrive 15 minutes in, ready for an extravaganza of sport and lazing around indulging myself but with the extra excitement of knowing we are at the business end of the tournament now.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Confession - put 20£ on Italy in spring at 8-1

No offence Spain, but roll over and let the Danes or little monsters England gets smashed in the final

An old bookmaker once preached that to reveal your bet in advance was to risk realising the outcomes you desired, like gambling had esoteric sets of ethics. I just want to rub it right in with mates, over and over, England losing on penalties the preference to re-traumatise a new crop

Football's the winner

version

It's weird Spain have been something of a dark horse in this tournament. I don't think anyone expected much from them despite past successes and yet here they are in the semis giving Italy a tough time.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I think most would have placed Italy and Spain in the second tier behind France and Belgium in the first.... anyway, surprisingly open game so far I'd say.

version

I wouldn't have been surprised if Spain had been knocked out earlier in the tournament. They were a bit of a mess in the World Cup and they don't have the aura they used to.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Definitely true... I think they have only won one in normal time right? Other side of the coin is that they haven't lost any, but overall they haven't been especially impressive as I see it.

version

I still can't believe they scored five in back to back games after looking so toothless in front of goal against Poland and Sweden.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I do think they are the kind of team that can hurt if you if you have to chase the game... not sure they can force a goal when they really need one though. Morata comes on and, you know, if the ball falls for him he might well score, but is he gonna make it happen? Now would be a good time to do that.