Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
ITER, which apparently once stood for International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor, I think, but has since been reconceived as iter as Latin for path or something to that effect, is a prime example of this global scientific excellence.

Once we get fusion to work, infrastructurally, then we may really start picking up speed. These plasma chambers in various tokamaks and other reactors reach temperatures higher than the core of our sun.

ITER_Poster.jpg

th

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Artificial Neural Networks are the mechanisms behind some of our most machine learning algorithms. Pattern computation at staggering scale and complexity.

2738fb6acdc00f223ff5216e397638b4.jpg

IdleRich

IdleRich
Some teen hooligan waved a bunsen burner at my face when I was 14 – a few inches closer and I could have been hideously scarred for life. What could the teacher have done to prevent that? Nothing: he was on the other side of the lab, reading the football results. But pressure equals volume over time, so all’s well with the world - the men in the labcoats tell us.
Set my hair on fire with a bunsen at school.
Actually there were a few hilarious and extremely dangerous incidents come to think of it.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Of course you don't need the scientific method to advance knowledge, but it certainly can help, especially if you are trying to communicate this knowledge in ways that can be independently verified.

IdleRich

IdleRich
When I chose my A levels I went all science - maths, physics, chemistry and further maths. Not sure it was right, but not sure it was wrong either.