IdleRich

IdleRich
The 2012 generation were literally farmed out of schools across the land and subjected to psychological torture for five years for those medals hauls in Beijing and Stratford.
But China etc are already doing that. You gotta choose between hothousing robotic freaks or settling for participation prizes.

luka

as i patiently explained earlier in the thread this was a direct response to the success of the australian institute of sport and a hugely important shift in the national consciousness. china are only just catching up to this now

craner

Beast of Burden
Looking at the listings I note that they are persisting with the mixed gender 4x400 relay joke race again this year.

craner

Beast of Burden
as i patiently explained earlier in the thread this was a direct response to the success of the australian institute of sport and a hugely important shift in the national consciousness. china are only just catching up to this now

I was humbly adding some granular detail to your already superb and unimprovable point.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I remember reading years ago that someone went to see the Chinese table tennis team selection and basically there is like a room with 10,000 four year old children playing TT for ten hours a day, and then in the next room are the eight year olds and they've been whittled down to 8,000 (don't ask what happened to those who were whittled) and so on through multiple rooms in this huge complex and in the final room is the Olympic team made up of table tennis terminators who have done nothing for the last fifteen years except play table tennis... and some guy from Basildon who played at the youth club on Thursdays cos there was nowt else to do and turned out pretty good is supposed to compete with them?

IdleRich

IdleRich
Australia then got the arse and said GB only win at the 'sitting down sports'. Pathetic really, I've already said how horse dancing is the most important event I think.