did 'the jam' have good lyrics'

luka

we know these this is an 80s r&b positive environment. its better than the jam. but what is the jam?
i think ok, anyway, despite not being as good as oran ;joice; jones

• Haha
Reactions: sus

luka

i have this 7 inch. most people that post here have oran ;juice' jones on 7. but the jam are
i think
good

martin

----
I read some of the Fred Vermorel 'fans' (Starlust ) book recently and one fantasy that stood out was the one some lad had about walking into the boys' toilets at school and the Jam bassist ( something Fox ) was stood at the urinals wanking...of course he encouraged the boy to join in... one of the reasons it stood out was because the vast majority of the book was "women of a certain age" getting wetties over Barrie Manilow, but another reason was just "why"? Was the Jam bassist that hot? I don't understand...
Weird...would have guessed there'd be more rough trade appeal in the one who looked like a 'Minder' extra. The Adam Ant fantasy in that book is hilarious :ROFLMAO:

Liked some of the singles but didn’t think the albums were all that. “All that rugby puts hairs on your chest / what chance have you got against a tie and a crest?” (from Eton Rifles) wasn't bad. That line in "Tube Station" about them going round the victim's wife house makes me think Weller had just watched 'Death Wish' at the cinema.

blissblogger

the best Weller-but-not-by-Weller song is this by The Chords

"I swallow my dreams like my beer"

"cos nothing new happens here"

william_kent

something happened though? I vaguely remember someone sticking on a Paul Weller solo album on and I thought it was a Stevie Winwood album until someone corrected me..

martin

----
To be fair, Lemmy was born 13 years before Weller, but never recorded anything as lame as "Changing Man". It's not age, it's attitude.

luka

someone asked me luke do you have any regrets and i said well i was sure but was operating under mad assumptions.
my sense of who i was and what life was were insane

william_kent

I was going to say in another thread that I would have been as a big a spack as Lester Bangs if I had ever met William Burroughs face to face, but I met Lemmy briefly and he was a "diamond geezer"