did 'the jam' have good lyrics'

DannyL

Wild Horses
Spotify as started playing me the related album and I have to say it bears out Craner's thesis. There was some very good imitation jazz but then one with a rap that I couldn't listen to. Had to skip it.

john eden

male pale and stale
Donington Monsters of Rock?
More of a goth / arse end of anarchopunk / industrial thing personally. But we would huddle together with the odd metaller in the face of the extensive violence meted out by the casuals who liked this stuff I guess.

craner

Beast of Burden
One of the things that everybody has to face now is that the stuff that the casuals and the Southern clubbers liked is the only stuff that still sounds listenable.

john eden

male pale and stale
Obviously that wasn’t the fault of the band though and there would have been more intellectual and red wedge aspects to the fan base probably. But we didn’t see that.

craner

Beast of Burden
That was very much my parents' thing. My dad once took a girlfriend to see The Scorpions.

:ROFLMAO:

There was one lone metalhead in my year at school and he would proudly plaster half the common room with pages of poodle haired thrash bands from Kerrang magazine. He didn't give a shit that we all found it hysterically funny. It seemed pathetic at the time, but now it seems noble.

john eden

male pale and stale
One of the things that everybody has to face now is that the stuff that the casuals and the Southern clubbers liked is the only stuff that sounds listenable now.
There is a lot of brit soul funk that probably hasn’t stood the test of time but you do have a point. There would be a bit of relaxation of hostilities if you could get someone on their own and talk to them about hip hop.

DannyL

Wild Horses
There was one lone metalhead in my year at school and he would proudly plaster half the common room with pages of poodle haired thrash bands from Kerrang magazine. He didn't give a shit that we all found it hysterically funny. It seemed pathetic at the time, but now it seems noble.
I could've gone metal. I remember seeing Iron Maiden on Saturday morning TV and thinking they were great. Luckily I was saved by rap.

version

The people my dad seems to have had the biggest problem with in the 80s were people he went to uni with who he says were all into Burroughs and The Jesus and Mary Chain and went on about Berlin and Christiane F. all the time.

DannyL

Wild Horses
That fucking film is so miserable. Look at me, I'm a heroin addict and going to kill myself. Oh just fuck off you twat.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Gingerbread.gif

martin

----
But we would huddle together with the odd metaller in the face of the extensive violence meted out by the casuals who liked this stuff I guess.
Yes, that was the way. If you weren't wearing a YSL shirt and Mr Byrite jeans, you were outcasts, united against the enemy, and to hell with whether Conflict were better than Bathory.

Obviously it's much better these days if you don't like black eyes, but there was no way you'd get a Happy Mondays fan and an Iron Maiden fan in the same room without aggro back then.