Albums you love that you discovered through Dissensus

luka

if you were in eg Gloucester? on a work conference and found a Franca Manca youd be all hallelujah praise the lord i wont have to eat coleslaw for dinner

luka

but i do hate chains. i do think chains are a pox on the landscape. london suffers probably more than anywhere else on the planet from this monopolisation of the high street

entertainment

I've discovered a million TUNES through dissensus but not so many albums, although I'll probably think of loads soon.

I discovered this album through Woebot, and I'm guessing I discovered Woebot through this forum

clube%20da%20esquina.jpg%20.jpg

I've not actually listened to it for ages but I loved it when I first heard it back in something like 2009.
A few Brazilian ones here as well from Woebot

Edu Lobo Missa Breve is an enigma of an album, one that i'll be forever grateful for

entertainment

you don't have the elegance of mind to accomodate the curves and nuances of art, that's why you only like rough angular black and white sawtooth harmonies.

boxedjoy

choon of the day is what got me from occasionally stumbling on threads to actively following and lead me to register, so much good music in there

john eden

male pale and stale
It was @DannyL who got me into Heavy Mental also, back in the 90s.

There have definitely been some things i’ve got into because of this place - notably several of the Bob Marley albums that I’d never heard. Can’t remember though and it’s hard to disentangle the forum from people I know who are here.

woops

is not like other people
@version tipped me off about bruce as well from hessle audio but all their twelve inches were sold out everywhere and there album is not quite the same thing. apart from that can't think of anything. there must be something, but i've forgot

linebaugh

@version tipped me off about bruce as well from hessle audio but all their twelve inches were sold out everywhere and there album is not quite the same thing. apart from that can't think of anything. there must be something, but i've forgot
could you post some things you do enjoy?

woops

is not like other people
that's just an invitation to make jokes about posting my own stuff, etc anyway there's a whole thread of my (old (very old)) favourites here