Albums you love that you discovered through Dissensus

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
from thirdform's top 100

R-789-1352233661-3069.jpeg.jpg

woops

is not like other people
i am the #1 indie kid on this forum

2 of the most played albums in my house to this day are badmotorfinger and superunknown by soundgarden

i bought a few records in the last couple of years like aaliyah's s/t album (edit - i bought her first R Kelly produced one as well it's wicked), a couple of CDs by the Fall (coincided with reading about 5 fall memoirs), a couple of albums by my mates, i have to have a look to remember what else [...] that's it

woops

is not like other people
and, while i'm talking to myself, i got really into that madlib beat konducta vol 1-2 in the lockdown

Leo

I saw soundgarden at this tiny place (capacity about 200 people) as the opening act for mudhoney, back in '87, first time the two of them came to the east coast, when SG had only their first "screaming life" ep out. the room was filled with slightly nerdy indie rock types (no offense, I was was once one). then these long-haired metal-looking dudes climbed on stage, complete with shirtless singer, and without saying a word, opened with a ferocious cover of "communication breakdown". the place blew up.

if you're gonna go for it, might as well embrace your inner Robert Plant and go all the way.

woops

is not like other people
seems they have a particular appeal to nerdy indie rock types. like some kind of crossover act.

woops

is not like other people
oh yeah, i also really like portishead, and the knife, and fever ray a lot. should of mentioned them earlier

@thirdform seems to understand my taste which is weird cos we're not into the same stuff at all.

Leo

portishead are like burial for me: I like the idea of them, and some individual tracks, but an album's worth all starts to sound the same.