Leo

listening to the interview, must say kit's voice is completely different than I'd expected. not sure what I expected, really.

blissblogger

Fun fact - he left school at 16. This means he is the most street credible British music writer since Julie Burchill.

Plus he lives on a street where kids listen to drill on their phones while selling drugs. ;)

Last edited:

blissblogger

Actually a better analogy since he went straight to writing a book without any intervening period of journalism is Colin Wilson.

Not quite as hardcore as Wilson, who wrote The Outsider in public libraries and cafes while sleeping at night in a tent on Hampstead Heath (so he wouldn't need to pay rent, so he didn't need to have a job, so he had the free time to write the book)

Last edited:

shakahislop

Actually a better analogy since he went straight to writing a book without any intervening period of journalism is Colin Wilson.

Not quite as hardcore as Wilson, who wrote The Outsider in public libraries and cafes while sleeping at night in a tent on Hampstead Heath (so he wouldn't have pay rent, so he didn't have to have a job, so he could write the book)
god i love these kinds of stories. have a vague impression that people don't do that kind of thing as much as they used to. but i love it. i'm going to live in a tent while i put together the dissensus alt country top 100

mvuent

Void Dweller
so weird how despite their VERY similar opinions and mutual acquaintance with the influential grime blogger heronbone, sandmanbarty and kit mackintosh are completely different people. just how many people like that in london are there, i wonder...

linebaugh

If no journalism, was the entirety of kits writing portfolio prior to the book dissensus posts? or was there a blog in the mix ?

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

Not quite as hardcore as Wilson, who wrote The Outsider in public libraries and cafes while sleeping at night in a tent on Hampstead Heath (so he wouldn't need to pay rent, so he didn't need to have a job, so he had the free time to write the book)
I found this book in a second hand place when I was a teenager and became obsessed with it. It introduced me to some sort of concept of mindfulness, I believe? I can't remember now, going to have to dig it out of my parents' attic.

51EyCeuzpUL._SX320_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
He was too late for the blog era. That was 15 years ago.

Right. which is what Craner wants me to do when I read neon screams, go on a long diatribe about how he hasn't read Jayce Clayton on Mena autotune in the mid 00s.

I'll refrain from that though, just make my point with examples.

bun-u

Trumpet Police
Fun fact - he left school at 16. This means he is the most street credible British music writer since Julie Burchill.

Plus he lives on a street where kids listen to drill on their phones while selling drugs. ;)
To be fair you could live in pretty much any street in London and be in very close proximity to drill-listening, drug selling youts

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
To be fair you could live in pretty much any street in London and be in very close proximity to drill-listening, drug selling youts

Yeah I mean Skepta even dissed Wiley around 2008-09 era by saying that he knew mans in barnet shifting keys of coke by the dozen. It's just standard. It's not the 1980s anymore.

It wasn't a good diss really Dirty Goodz is the one who can merk Wiley, but as a point of fact what Skeppy said was true.