poetix

we murder to dissect
Muggs thinks that this expresses @blissblogger's disdain for rappers as people

tumblr_cc65bd808b9aa35fe1d006b076d2eca8_5116eca6_500.png

when it fairly clearly expresses that the personae essayed for entertainment in this entertainment form are obnoxious caricatures, enjoyment of whose obnoxiousness is understood by everybody involved to be part of the point. Literally nobody cares if the performer's a nice person in real life.

woops

is not like other people
Muggs thinks that this expresses @blissblogger's disdain for rappers as people

View attachment 7958

when it fairly clearly expresses that the personae essayed for entertainment in this entertainment form are obnoxious caricatures, enjoyment of whose obnoxiousness is understood by everybody involved to be part of the point. Literally nobody cares if the performer's a nice person in real life.
yeah but there's no point saying anything as he's pulled the classic move "i'm not going to argue with a load of nerds on the internet, i'm just going to post on tumblr why i am right and the best and leave it at that", a little bit like @blockhead's posting style, lol

Benny Bunter

yeah but there's no point saying anything as he's pulled the classic move "i'm not going to argue with a load of nerds on the internet, i'm just going to post on tumblr why i am right and the best and leave it at that", a little bit like @blockhead's posting style, lol
Ha ha yeah, cos look what happened when he did engage - check the comments box

🤣

version

I haven't read the book, but I read that Joe Muggs thing and it came off like someone with an axe to grind cloaking themselves in progressive language to get people on side, or at least make them think twice about publicly disagreeing.

Leo

I haven't read the book, but I read that Joe Muggs thing and it came off like someone with an axe to grind cloaking themselves in progressive language to get people on side, or at least make them think twice about publicly disagreeing.

his core beef seems to be with Simon, "neon screams" gets caught up in it. not just guilt-by-association, though: muggs does accuse Kit of following Simon's lead.

Leo

maybe they weren't aware of the history between Joe and Simon. if so, Joe could have passed on the assignment, maybe he needed the money.

luka

He hasn't changed a bit in 10 years apart from nowadays hes even worse cos he's going for woke points
this is the particularly icky part. longstanding, very childish feuds are an integral part of music writing, that in itself is fine, par for the course

Leo

I know someone who's book got a less-than-stellar review in The Wire, and he's convinced it was because he'd give that writer's own book a lukewarm review a few years earlier.