luka

they get a great deal of comfort from being able to have a book of teachings they can defer to i've noticed that. although they all disagree on how to interpret it naturally.

luka

you don't meet many marxists in the wild but it's undeniable that they are always quoting scripture and justify every stray opinion they possess in (spurious) marxist terms.

other_life

bioconfused
you don't meet many marxists in the wild but it's undeniable that they are always quoting scripture and justify every stray opinion they possess in (spurious) marxist terms.

those arent marxists, theyre lasalleans who think they are marxists

dilbert1

My favorite philosopher Raymond Geuss points out the way Nietzsche opposed myth and mythical thinking as a corrective to dialectics. The latter employs reason in a stricter sense and can furnish great insight, but ultimately never arrives anywhere and often leaves audiences and participants exhausted or even sometimes more confused on the given subject. The Republic is a series of dialogues, which Plato insisted were the surest path to truth, but it concludes with a myth after all.

dilbert1

In so many words, to me the word dialectical means, if you’ve made legitimate efforts toward understanding Hegel or even Adorno, you might have a perhaps inconsequential but not insignificant additional layer of interpretive faculty vis-a-vis some question or issue boiled down to its most abstract.

version

Continentals are hysterics essentially,

I like some of them, but they are. It's true.

' ... disempowered by the endlessly proliferating images which confound the real. His position becomes that of the male hysteric, due in part to the fact that intellect and reason cannot make sense of the post-modern "world of hallucinations" where image, reality, and surface representation blur into each other.'

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
they get a great deal of comfort from being able to have a book of teachings they can defer to i've noticed that. although they all disagree on how to interpret it naturally.

Foolish English man. There is only one interpretation, although this demands all those various interpretations go to a war to the death.

YOU MUST FIGHT. NO MAGIC MUSHROOM PSYCHEDELIC SOCIETY.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
My man, Islam really sucks and have been detrimental to everyone involved except maybe homosexual camels, but even that's under review.

well, if you want to surrender to the Russians like that, be my guest. We won't stop you! Then don't come complaining about how Europe sold you out. It's what Christians do, after all.

If you want to oppose mother russia you must convert to islam for cultural reasons.