luka

Ha no. Look I find your position funny, but it's so 2006 urban75.
you dont understand my position becasue as Oliver points out your thought is locked up in abstract categories that dont map onto the real world in a reliable fashion

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
And had different reactions, because human nature is not completely determined by economic categories. Escape the Marxist maze Thirdform, it's more interesting out here!

No silly boy. I'm saying why are your consciousness raising endeavours not working. Why are goody suave sophisticates analogous to yourself succumbing to these nauseating theories? This is the weakness in the anti-conspiracy argument, and I am about as anti-conspiracy as you can get. But those opposing conspiracy theories are doing it all the wrong way, from a perspective of scepticism, which is incorrect.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
you dont understand my position becasue as Oliver points out your thought is locked up in abstract categories that dont map onto the real world in a reliable fashion

Well you can both bum shag each other then. Not in the mood for this, your thought is all fairies and angels - nothing more abstract than that!

craner

Beast of Burden
No silly boy. I'm saying why are your consciousness raising endeavours not working. Why are goody suave sophisticates analogous to yourself succumbing to these nauseating theories? This is the weakness in the anti-conspiracy argument, and I am about as anti-conspiracy as you can get. But those opposing conspiracy theories are doing it all the wrong way, from a perspective of scepticism, which is wrong.

So how would you go about opposing it then?

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
So how would you go about opposing it then?

By demystifying scepticism. Scepticism on its own with no roadmap is antiscientific. As an experimental, schematic tool its fine, approaching everything with doubt is not. Flat earthers and denial of gravity immediately springs to mind.

luka

if you look at it closely, becasue we are all liberals, we all share much the same understanding of how reality is created.

craner

Beast of Burden
By demystifying scepticism. Scepticism on its own is antiscientific. As a tool its fine, approaching everything with doubt is not. Flat earthers and denial gravity immediately springs to mind.

So kill the sceptics first and then move onto the conspiracists after. Who's left at the end?

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
The world isn't run though. It's a frankensteins monster. To say the world is run by pedo satanists is a romantic illusion, it shows you are a tender existential lover at heart, not someone who has opened their third eye.
@luka too much of our control science is inexact, immature, unintegrated for the world to be properly run by humans.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Once consciousness can be accounted for in binary code, then we can start running our own realities according to design. Until then, there will be too much potential for interference and unforeseen complexity.

luka

Once consciousness can be accounted for in binary code, then we can start running our own realities according to design. Until then, there will be too much potential for interference and unforeseen complexity.
yes yes, its all too complicated to understand. this is the default position, naturally.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
@luka too much of our control science is inexact, immature, unintegrated for the world to be properly run by humans.

No I don't think that's the reason. It's merely that people are determined to act by economic conditions. Craner is right that human nature cannot be plotted because of it, but human nature is always post-hoc. First you must eat, sleep and mate, then you can think.

craner

Beast of Burden
I have the feeling that after a nuclear war the only two living people left on the planet would be Thirdform and Clinamenic talking to each other in mutually incomprehensible code and trying to find something to eat.

luka

but the point is that it is not quite run properly, however, it runs. goods are manufactured and distributed. fortunes are accumulated. power is won and maintained. threats are identified and ANNHILATED!