sus

@yyaldrin I am not sure! I was gonna show up in London and let people hit me up if they wanted to hang.

I get in to London Luton tomorrow at 12:30am, after hostel checkin period ends, so I will probably end up sleeping at the airport. Save money that way anyway. Contrary to what one might expect from my crypto job I'm pretty broke from pouring money into the press. (Among other reasons). Then perhaps hostels, probably centering on East London but perhaps moving around if there's a reason to.

Last edited:

IdleRich

IdleRich
So @suspended, do you reckon you guys will be able to make it to the screening tonight?
Also, I get you're off to dissentral but are your mates sticking around longer cos there may be some stuff of interest to them later in the week.
Can obviously discuss in person tonight if you gonna make it but I feel that - with the best will in the world - if you got a dinner you need to attend then you may struggle to make it.

sus

So @suspended, do you reckon you guys will be able to make it to the screening tonight?
Also, I get you're off to dissentral but are your mates sticking around longer cos there may be some stuff of interest to them later in the week.
Can obviously discuss in person tonight if you gonna make it but I feel that - with the best will in the world - if you got a dinner you need to attend then you may struggle to make it.
I'll be there!

sus

heard some good things about a couple of poets who hang out along the river, maybe check them out?
I've heard similar rumors but so far I've just been ghosted. Perhaps if I wander around the banks of the Thames

IdleRich

IdleRich
I'll be there!
That is fantastic news. On the evidence so far, I believe I can already designate you a Turner-Upper which is one of the most highly regarded and honourable classes of people. Many claim that status but few truly deserve it. To be clear, that's one of those who turns up when they say they will. Those who can't come and say so, that's no hard feelings of course, it's the ones who promise to be there but go missing on the night and whose phone goes dead.

We've all been at a party or other kind of event going "But where is X, he swore he would definitely be here early?". Sometimes there are unavoidable things of course but some quickly establish that pattern of promising too much and delivering too little.

But why speak of such unpleasantness on a happy occasion such as today?

sufi

lala
I have heard tell from a reliable source that suspenders is in London - how long ya staying for?
& What you up to Sunday? I could use some help on the allotment (& will provide copious beer and fast food)

sufi

lala
I have heard tell from a reliable source that suspenders is in London - how long ya staying for?
& What you up to Sunday? I could use some help on the allotment (& will provide copious beer and fast food)
been reading up

sus

I could be enticed I do like gardens but is there vegetarian fast food?

sus

I did run into a poet today he toured me around a bit in my post-redeye haze. Reckon he did it for the free drinks.

• Love
Reactions: Leo

sufi

lala
Great! You got my number! I'm in the far north London - the poets know the way
Only inclement weather could piss on our plans

Reactions: sus

sus

I liked Edmund quite a bit, he kept a crafty look in his eye, which appeals to my nature. Although I do wish he'd been kinder about Luka. Every few minutes, as we were walking around, he'd pause & get a far look in his eyes, and say something like—"he's not a real poet, is he?" or "kinda unprofessional, naming your poem after DMT innit." Well, I disagreed of course but I wouldn't want to quarrel with my host.