Universally agreed terrible film(s)

IdleRich

IdleRich
The couples therapy ones are usually derided:

Brangelina's By the Sea
Beniffer's Gigli
Guy Ritchie and Madonna's Swept Away

But none of us have seen them, so who knows?
I have seen that first one, it's been on here a couple of times. It's kind of like... just nothing at all, like if you stay in a Holiday Inn and it has some cheap reproduction of some incredibly bland abstract art. Someone could say "you know that picture in your room?" and you wouldn't know what they were on about, so maybe they would come to your room and point at it and you would squint a bit and stand in different places and eventually you would see it. I don't know if that counts as bad in the way I mean.

maxi

Yeah that's the one with dozens of A-listers in it and there was definitely something dodgy like they were all blackmailed into being in it or something

IdleRich

IdleRich
Yes, but is it a

Universally agreed terrible film(s)​

No it's not. If someone said, say, that X is the 4 Qeddings of football players you wouldn't know if they meant that he was the worst player or the most stereotypically English or the twee-est or what you were getting at overall.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Now you're associating me with the film. That's a mistake. I'm simply saying that your hatred of the film blinds you to its universal popularity. In your anger, you have killed the younglings.
Younglings is recognised as one of the worst ever coinages (is that the right word?) isn't it? I've never even seen the film but I've heard that line referred to many times. It is very funny, I'm gonna start using it.

craner

Beast of Burden
It's amazing. It just came into my head, probably because somebody was talking about the Star Wars prequels in the thread.

craner

Beast of Burden
All the dialogue in those films is spectacular. I don't know how they all got through it. The CGI looks revolting too -- and, bizarrely, because it really wasn't, cheap.

version

All the dialogue in those films is spectacular. I don't know how they all got through it. The CGI looks revolting too -- and, bizarrely, because it really wasn't, cheap.
They even used CGI for the fruit on a table,

tumblr_pj2hgd8yNa1uk9vpg_640.png

version

They've actually got a Star Wars fandom page specifically for fruit,

:ROFLMAO:

Fruits were a popular type of food in the galaxy. They were eaten raw or cooked in dishes and were considered a treat and a priced delicacy during times of war. Fruit contained seeds and grew on trees. A much loved dish was jogan fruitcake, which called for the main ingredient, jogan fruit, to be both baked in the batter and used as a topping. Fruit could also be dried and eaten as a snack.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Also, I'm not talking about stuff made exclusively by young people either. There are older people who've made stuff I like who I'm running into the same problem with.
I think that if you watch films from loads of different genres and times and then, after a lifetime of doing so, you notice that the films you liked best were mainly old (say 70s) ones and then conclude that the 70s was a better time for films than now, then that does not mean that you are getting old and disillusioned.

version

I love that they have a Behind the Scenes section for fruit, also sections for appearances and non-canon appearances.

The fruits appearing in the scene where Anakin Skywalker and Padmé Amidala are dining in Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones include a pear, a pineapple, an orange, and a starfruit.[source?]

Among the fruits Rey is eating at Takodana Castle in Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens is a Fuji apple with Romanesco broccoli protruding out of it. The bowl of fruit sitting on Maz's table include a horned melon and a sweet granadilla.