thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Cuba Gooding + The Nightwriters + a 'Tramen' break = a very poor Bad Company and DJ Trace tune called Flashback.

I must have drank too much this Christmas. But I do like the Cuba Gooding track and particularly the Nightwriters track.

fairly mediocre but i wouldn't even say its anywhere near the worst bad company tune. that has to go to speedball, surely?

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I must say though that tune was more retroactively innovative than people give it credit for. Not that I'm particularly fond of that direction but a lot of that early 00s dnb set the stage for later electro house and edm.

william_kent

Christmas day big tune

a 'blast from the past'

Sean Paul - Temperature

"applause" riddim had the girls in their twenties rolling on the floor, several generations were united in laughter when this tune dropped...

cheesy, but wtf, it's xmas

Last edited:

shakahislop

this is doing it for me this morning. definitely having a swing into pop territory recently. but what is this kind of thing called? she's a spanish pop star from a quick google. but it also sounds like a load of dancehall tunes i like recently (spice and that end of things). and like rosalia and jada kingdom, and isabella lovestory a bit. the neon screaming autotune on everything is a common denominator but the beats also have a swing that i don't hear much in pop stuff. its my kind of maximalist wall of production. probably helps that a lot of it is in spanish which i don't understand.

shakahislop

It's very much the choon of the day, rather than something i'd put forward as something really great, worthy of everyone's attention, the next big thing in music, revelatory, world-changing, but heard this on NTS and it really suits my mood this morning. that kind of light and focused thing feels great today. it's apparently from the 00s but sounds like its from the 70s, which is usually a sound I hate (it sounds like the music they play on Love Is The Message, after they've spent 20 minutes enthusing about a particular period of NYC music, say they're going to play a track from the pinaccle of the genre, only to put on something which sounds totally wet to my ears). the spoken word of music thing though I always love, always surprised there's not more of it about.

Reactions: Leo

IdleRich

IdleRich
Went around Oxford yesterday and picked up the (terrible) free-zine Nightshift. Listlessly listening to their (terrible) picks and then - I can't believe it - a good song! 42 views on YouTube so if you lot listen I will basically have doubled his appeal

Video not too bad either, looks like Oxford.

"It's nine minutes of glorious death disco inside a ticking atomic clock inside a cyber factory in war mode" - I particularly like the way they were unable to even get the fucking length of the track right.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Went around Oxford yesterday and picked up the (terrible) free-zine Nightshift. Listlessly listening to their (terrible) picks and then - I can't believe it - a good song! 42 views on YouTube so if you lot listen I will basically have doubled his appeal
It now says 41 views, I had an actual negative effect on its popularity.

IdleRich

IdleRich
yeah i actually am, doing a thing in east hanney for mossad

Sweet. I mean I"m being a bit annoying cos we're off to London tomorrow but only for a few days... how long are you around?
According to googlemaps East Hanney is... one minute drive from where I am sat now so I should be able to get it together to join for a beer if you fancy on the 4th or 5th.

shakahislop

Sweet. I mean I"m being a bit annoying cos we're off to London tomorrow but only for a few days... how long are you around?
According to googlemaps East Hanney is... one minute drive from where I am sat now.
yeah i'm heading off on saturday, its ok, it's a bit better than @Leo he usually tells me where we could have met a couple of days after its happened

Reactions: Leo