mixed_biscuits

If you've watched his stuff and been encouraged by the almost universally positive comments, its because he deletes the negative ones. I know this because I politely challenged his assertion that reinfections were extremely rare based on a Danish pre print study due to the fact that there are several other published studies contradicting this. My comment was gone within the hour.
Bear in mind that he was talking about Omicron-Omicron reinfections, not other-Omicron

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Campbell has been going off the rails for quite some time now. His videos on Ivermectin were way off and IIRC were based on a number of fraudulent studies, nor has he mentioned the huge Jama clinical study, which basically demolished Ivermectin as an effective covid treatment. He's been pushing herd immunity hard and his video on deaths due to covid was wildly misinformative.

If you've watched his stuff and been encouraged by the almost universally positive comments, its because he deletes the negative ones. I know this because I politely challenged his assertion that reinfections were extremely rare based on a Danish pre print study due to the fact that there are several other published studies contradicting this. My comment was gone within the hour.

He's essentially become a cherry picking cheerleader of dangerous GBD bullshit, which is why i assume he's being posted here.

weird one, nurse practitioner who has worked his way up but, yes, it’s dovetailed into a surreal avenue

the sideways headshot intros, formalism of check ticks (l mean yes, looks like scrutiny except.....), dropping gcse anatomy bits in, formal titling of accreditation (scrutiny of science!) is overbearing and the busy inflection of voice paint purpose. he’s clearly amateur hour what can you do when YT is everywhere. people and performance

the flip is he had credible omicron papers from SA that held, many others that haven’t come close. a deliberate blurring or, ya know, he’s not that together

mixed_biscuits

the sideways headshot intros, formalism of check ticks (l mean yes, looks like scrutiny except.....), dropping gcse anatomy bits in, formal titling of accreditation (scrutiny of science!) is overbearing and the busy inflection of voice paint purpose. he’s clearly amateur hour what can you do when YT is everywhere. people and performance

the flip is he had credible omicron papers from SA that held, many others that haven’t come close. a deliberate blurring or, ya know, he’s not that together
Good to have a hobby

shakahislop

Campbell has been going off the rails for quite some time now. His videos on Ivermectin were way off and IIRC were based on a number of fraudulent studies, nor has he mentioned the huge Jama clinical study, which basically demolished Ivermectin as an effective covid treatment. He's been pushing herd immunity hard and his video on deaths due to covid was wildly misinformative.

He's essentially become a cherry picking cheerleader of dangerous GBD bullshit, which is why i assume he's being posted here.
i've been wondering about this guy for a while but never had the context to know much, and i guessed googling would take me to some frustrating bits of the internet. my brother loves him. and recently my dad, who is not known for going down internet rabbit holes (or until recently knowing how to use youtube), started talking about him recently.

droid

i've been wondering about this guy for a while but never had the context to know much, and i guessed googling would take me to some frustrating bits of the internet. my brother loves him. and recently my dad, who is not known for going down internet rabbit holes (or until recently knowing how to use youtube), started talking about him recently.

He was very good at the beginning, no nonsense reporting on numbers, fairly clear messages on safety. He's been going down a dark path in the last 6-8 months, which is worrying, because he built up a big audience. I first started to doubt him when he was reporting changes in test numbers here as encouraging when they were actually caused by widely publicised new restrictions on PCR tests, a fact that any serious commentator should have been aware of.

shakahislop

a point that's pretty unrelated, there are also some things that look like formal innovations in how the video is done (by which i mean i haven't seen them before, i'm sure other people have done them). that thing where he's annotating documents with a camera is fantastic. the way that he is clearly in the study of a pretty normal english house also does a lot for the authenticity. nonchalantly drinking a cup of tea as you present. i'm not saying that this is him trying to do anything manipulative. but there is presumably a presentational aspect to his mass appeal (that video upthread has 1.5 million views in the three days its been up). like how album covers always added something to tunes. there's some musical innovation parallel somewhere anyway.

shakahislop

its a lovely feeling isn't it. having someone that you trust guide you through something very complicated and confusing. i had that kind of relationship with the LRB's Talking Politics podcast. looked forward to it. nicked all my opinions from it. also had that quite dry and non-showoffy feel (well Helen on it did and she was the main commenter really)

shakahislop

a point that's pretty unrelated, there are also some things that look like formal innovations in how the video is done (by which i mean i haven't seen them before, i'm sure other people have done them). that thing where he's annotating documents with a camera is fantastic. the way that he is clearly in the study of a pretty normal english house also does a lot for the authenticity. nonchalantly drinking a cup of tea as you present. i'm not saying that this is him trying to do anything manipulative. but there is presumably a presentational aspect to his mass appeal (that video upthread has 1.5 million views in the three days its been up). like how album covers always added something to tunes. there's some musical innovation parallel somewhere anyway.
we can do a full review of his work on the inaugural edition of the London Review of YouTube

mixed_biscuits

i got it for the first time now. it's heavier than i imagined to be honest. haven't been this sick since elementary school. my body is all warm and glowing and i got mad headaches. how long does this last?
7-10 days normally with post-viral stuff afterwards or not

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
i got it for the first time now. it's heavier than i imagined to be honest. haven't been this sick since elementary school. my body is all warm and glowing and i got mad headaches. how long does this last?
Oof. Hope you make a full recovery.