luka

60wdcs.jpg

luka

no youve misunderstood our point. its not about a man behind the curtain. its about cybernetics. its in the water like flouride. its about the culture biting its tail, the rocket gone ballistic. there is no bottom up to distinguish from the top down. corporations are people and people are corporations. theres no distinguishing you from the newark snack stand gus, thats what were trying to tell you.
such a great thread

sus

This song was what they call a sneeze, like it all came out at once. It was really fast. It was essentially done in two days, the whole thing. “You’re so hot you’re hurting my feelings” was something I told someone in a moment where someone was looking painfully hot, and I was laughing about it for a couple of days afterwards and had a writing session set up with Dan Nigro and Teddy Geiger. Before I even went into the session I was like, “We have to use this line. It’s the chorus of something.” And the most fun part of the song to write was the pre-chorus because at this point I was almost done writing my album called, ‘Pang,’ and I was just sick of rhyme structures. So, I was like, let’s write a pre-chorus with no rhymes and make it one long run-on sentence. The verse was a big question mark because the other parts were so melodically dense. Then, Teddy had this idea just to keep the verse really spare. Just a one note thing that just hangs out there and that gives us a little breathing room for all the singing.

+15

sus

This song started with me jumping on the piano and with melody. I was really inspired by that synth rift in that song “Betty Davis Eyes.” This song is about the universal struggle of long distance relationships or even a one-way attraction, an unreciprocated one.

+8

sus

I do think it's interesting that this song is a Katy Perry facsimile sung by an indie pop star so now it's an indie pop song. Death of the Author takes another L...